NBC Exec discusses DAYS' Future

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think NBC needs to give Ken Corday a wakeup call and give DAYS a one year renewal and tell him if the show hasn't improved and the ratings haven't gone up then they will not renew the show again and it will end. DAYS used to be one of the best soap operas. The 1980s/1990s were great. But for whatever reason they let go of all that.

• Members

I will never wish for Days to be canceled, but it's going to take an awful lot to get me to come back as a regular viewer. It's not a case of once burned, twice shy. Lots of fan faves gone, but I think everyone's in agreement that a new writing team is needed.

Sad to say we probably won't get it.

• Members

Not certain, but I think the custom and practice is that you don't publicly discuss deals when they're still in negotiations. So that is probably why he hedged a little, with the 'I think'. Or they've come to terms with a handshake agreement, but haven't signed anything yet.

• Members

well he would know since he is the head of NBC-TV the entire quote was “I think Days is going to stick around. I don’t know that I’m at liberty to say that officially yet, but it’s not going anywhere.” I read it with the impression he thinks DAYS will be sticking around for years to come, and at this time he can't officially announce a renewal. I know some people wanted to hear details of a contract but that wasn't his role at this press event, the fact he made such as supportive statement is a good thing for DAYS as the head of NBC-TV would damn well know if there were plans to cancel DAYS and replace it. so from his statement DAYS fans can feel good that its just a matter of NBC signing the new contract with Corday/SONY.

• Members

I happened to be reading an article yesterday that profiled NBC President Robert Greenblatt, turns out he is gay maybe he is a fan of Will and Sonny and thats why he is supportive to DAYS, lol, whatever the reason I'm happy he wants DAYS to continue.

here is the link to the article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/04/3167374/nbcs-greenblatt-rebuilds-network.html

Archived