Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

NBC Exec discusses DAYS' Future

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 skiman12082004

skiman12082004

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

NBC Boss Addresses Days of Our Lives' Future: 'It's Not Going Anywhere'

http://tvline.com/20...ewed-cancelled/

Edited by Toups, 07 January 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Too bad that means Tomlin and Whatever will still be there.

#3 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,765 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

If this is true then they are very lucky. I hope if they get extra time it will be used in a positive way. And by positive I don't mean Shawn Christian pointing at his abdominals.

#4 doolfan

doolfan

Recurring

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I think NBC needs to give Ken Corday a wakeup call and give DAYS a one year renewal and tell him if the show hasn't improved and the ratings haven't gone up then they will not renew the show again and it will end. DAYS used to be one of the best soap operas. The 1980s/1990s were great. But for whatever reason they let go of all that.

#5 Sindacco

Sindacco

Contract

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think NBC needs to give Ken Corday a wakeup call and give DAYS a one year renewal and tell him if the show hasn't improved and the ratings haven't gone up then they will not renew the show again and it will end. DAYS used to be one of the best soap operas. The 1980s/1990s were great. But for whatever reason they let go of all that.

NBC were the ones who wanted Tomlin and Whitesell back so they are in no position to judge Corday.

#6 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Too bad that means Tomlin and Whatever will still be there.

+1

The show is the pits and deserves to be cancelled...sorry if that hurts some but thats how I feel.

#7 sungrey

sungrey

Longing for a return to the old DAYS.

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I will never wish for Days to be canceled, but it's going to take an awful lot to get me to come back as a regular viewer. It's not a case of once burned, twice shy. Lots of fan faves gone, but I think everyone's in agreement that a new writing team is needed.

Sad to say we probably won't get it.

#8 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,341 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

IMO the NBC exec didn't sound very certain "I think..." uhm shouldn't he know otherwise he needs to not speak

#9 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Im glad :)

#10 Susan Hunter

Susan Hunter

Recurring

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

IMO the NBC exec didn't sound very certain "I think..." uhm shouldn't he know otherwise he needs to not speak

Not certain, but I think the custom and practice is that you don't publicly discuss deals when they're still in negotiations.  So that is probably why he hedged a little, with the 'I think'.  Or they've come to terms with  a handshake agreement, but haven't signed anything yet.  

#11 CCCapwell

CCCapwell

Recurring

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

well he would know since he is the head of NBC-TV the entire quote was “I think Days is going to stick around.  I don’t know that I’m at liberty to say that officially yet, but it’s not going anywhere.”  I read it with the impression he thinks DAYS will be sticking around for years to come, and at this time he can't officially announce a renewal.   I know some people wanted to hear details of a contract but that wasn't his role at this press event, the fact he made such as supportive statement is a good thing for DAYS as the head of NBC-TV would damn well know if there were plans to cancel DAYS and replace it.  so from his statement DAYS fans can feel good that its just a matter of NBC signing the new contract with Corday/SONY.

#12 CCCapwell

CCCapwell

Recurring

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I happened to be reading an article yesterday that profiled NBC President Robert Greenblatt, turns out he is gay maybe he is a fan of Will and Sonny and thats why he is supportive to DAYS, lol, whatever the reason I'm happy he wants DAYS to continue.

here is the link to the article:

http://www.miamihera...ds-network.html

Edited by CCCapwell, 06 January 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#13 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Greenblatt used to talk a lot about his childhood soap opera viewing habits when he was a producer at Six Feet Under and other cable shows.  I doubt he's in a hurry to cancel it.

#14 Darlotto99

Darlotto99

Recurring

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I wonder if NBC will wait to see how prospect park will do with OLTL and AMC and then if it's a success will move Day's to NBC.com or online another platform 

#15 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I will NEVER wish cancellation on DAYS. My viewership has varied over the years, but it's my show and I ALWAYS come back to it.

#16 gtru1981

gtru1981

Contract

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

It's NBC! Pretty much 75%!of their prime time should have been canceled with the low ratings! If it wasn't for football and to a little extent the voice, the network still would be in 4th place.

I really want the soap to at least make it to its 50th. I be happy with that.

#17 gtru1981

gtru1981

Contract

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I happened to be reading an article yesterday that profiled NBC President Robert Greenblatt, turns out he is gay maybe he is a fan of Will and Sonny and thats why he is supportive to DAYS, lol, whatever the reason I'm happy he wants DAYS to continue.

here is the link to the article:
http://www.miamihera...ds-network.html

That explains why NBC is behind Wilson! The network hasn't backed out like ABC.

#18 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

That explains why NBC is behind Wilson! The network hasn't backed out like ABC.

Too bad he doesn't give input into the story because it might be better.

#19 Jennerz

Jennerz

Recurring

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I will NEVER wish cancellation on DAYS. My viewership has varied over the years, but it's my show and I ALWAYS come back to it.

I agree.  There's a lot I don't like about it right now, but I agree that it will always be my soap and I don't want it to go anywhere (although there are several improvements and changes I'm sure we would all like to see).

#20 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Exactly, I'd love for some changes that lead to exciting stories but for the most part these are characters I know and love or have grown to know and love, and I truly just can't imagine not watching Days or at least FF through Dr. McHairy Chests scenes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users