Is Jill Faren Phelps the Anti-Irna Phillips??

• Members

I am wondering since we know Irna had a rep for doing what she wanted to do regardless of what the the networks wanted her to do. I wonder if JFP learned all of Irna's tricks and used them to destroy the serials??

I think she is after hearing about what she did with Y&R's music department.

I wonder what would happen if JFP went to war with Irna?? I bet that would be a bloody bath!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Irna will school Jill so bad LOL. Unlike Jill, Irna didn't tolerate egos and she would've definitely fired Tony Geary and Maurice Benard as soon as they pulled the diva cards. The QUEEN didn't play favorites. Jill is NOTHING like Irna, read about her history with Rosmary Prinz on the cancel soaps section.

• Members

I still don't understand the music thing. People have been complaining about Y&R's music since the LML era, at least.

I'm not much of a JFP fan but she got her start in music and her shows were generally known for high quality music, at least until she went to GH as EP.

• Members

I admit. I was being a little melodramatic. All kidding aside, when I said that she is destroying soaps I meant she may be doing what she thinks is best but in the long run her ideas are horrible BUT she is able to do execute her ideas by using similar tactics as Irna used.

I also thought for a long time that people like Megan McTavish and JFP are trying to be the next great thing but they are way over their head. That being said, if they were to tone down their ideas earlier they could have been considered one of the most respected and most loved soap writer and producer respectively.

That is why she is the Anti-Irna!

Equal but opposite.

• Members

Im sorry your offended, but im honestly curious as to how many people think JFP held such a power at GH as the decide to fire people like Geary and Mo and Steve. I know we all joke about how she employs all her friends, and early on in her GH run she def held the power and did that but I think its clear that she lost the power and Guza/Frons/Burton/Mo/Geary really did out number and out power her. I think if she had held her power at GH we would have kept vaughan, hearst and others who were let go and thrown under the bus to prop sonny & jason.

Jill is no saint. Im not claiming shes a poor innocent victim, but I dont think at GH she can be blamed for feeding egos.

Archived