Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

Y&R

- I like some (not all) of JFP's new background music and hope they continue to mix the old with the new.

- I've liked Blake Hood as Kyle since day one.

- Amelia Heinle has been doing a great job lately.

- I'm not opposed to Steve Burton joining the show.

B&B

- Ridge's absence has left a much bigger void than Stephanie's.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R

Adrienne Leon's Colleen was the superior of the three.

OLTL

The needless existence of Natalie & Rex hampered the show's last decade on the air.

GH

The Cassadines were this show's version of the Rappaports* - boring as fvck and an unnecessary waste of airtime.

Revenge

Jack and Declan Porter are just as integral to the show as Emanda, Nolan, and the Graysons.

B&B

I love every bit of Dollar Bill precisely because he is a greasy scumbucket.

AMC

Erica's best and most compatible pairing was with Dimitri Marick.

*save for Lindsay, as she was the only bright spot of bootleg Janet Wood's tenure on OLTL

• Members

I agree about bringing back the Foster and Brooks clans. Brooks Prentiss, Jennifer Elizabeth Foster, and Chucky Foster could be interesting characters if written correctly. The 40th anniversary is coming up, now would be the perfect time.

Greg Foster was Nikki's first husband, so that would be interesting to revisit that relationship. Wings Hauser( Greg #2 who was paried with MTS) looked pretty rough last time he appeared, so maybe James Houghton (Greg #1) could reprise the role.

Kevin Bancroft (Nikki's 2nd hubby) could be brought back. Maybe a question of Victoria's paternity, since DNA wasn't done back then and an old fashioned blood test was used.

I would also like to see the return of Casey Reed and Julia Newman.

• Members

Agreed. Never thought I would say that but he has not been written off the show satisfactorily and that is leaving a gaping hole and huge question-mark over anything to do with Brooke, Taylor, their children and Forrester Creations. It also leaves Bill as the only alpha dog on the show with any story (I don't count Liam as he is so blah).

• Members

I see absolutely zero fallout for the Will baby story on DAYS. I would say goodbye to Will until they can actually produce a story or a characterization of value (and no, I don't mean having sex with EJ). Have Will take the baby and visit Kim, or visit Marlena's parents, if they're still around. Have Gabi leave town on her own.

I actually think Galen Gering would be an asset to DAYS if they knew how to write for his strengths, like a certain weird humor, and less of the self-righteous "hero" persona.

I don't enjoy the clown car of random psychos that make up the Robin story on GH. I also have a feeling that it may be only KMcC who is stopping Ron and Frank from subjecting Robin to more of the same incredibly sick fantasies that they heaped on Jessica when they helped get OLTL canceled.

I thought most of Heather Webber's return sucked.

I don't get any enjoyment out of Dollar Bill, who is basically a greasy sexist, and a badly plot-driven one at that.

I think I would actually like Daniel Goddard if Y&R had ever known how to write for him.

I can't watch anything with Jack Abbott. It is almost painful at this point.

I wish Y&R would write Neil out. He has never interested me as a character and they just keep him on because they don't care about developing black characters.

I don't think Ashley Abbott is all that vital or necessary, and hasn't been in a long time, barring a huge effort and character revamp. I actually miss Traci far more.

• Members

I have never understood the idea that ____ needs to happen in order to teach Carly and Sonny a lesson. That's never going to occur. What will occur is endless scenes of Sonny and Carly feeling sorry for themselves, and a few other people joining in. I hear people say things like Morgan should come back brain damaged, like Jason, to teach them a lesson - the whole story would be the two of them having pity parties as yet another badly acted young character sucks up oxygen. I hear people say, AJ should take Connie to teach Sonny a lesson. That's the #1 way for sure character death for AJ. Who wants that? Why would anyone want to put their favorite character near that old whore?

I've never liked Sonny, but I'd say he's probably not any real problem for GH at the moment. Fans give him far more attention than the show itself has lately.

• Members

Okay I'm ready for some longer ones.

Y&R

I don't understand all the end is near, Billl Bell's vision is no longer, JFP killed Y&R complaints.

She wasn't even the one who ruined Y&R and killed Bill Bell's vision, she also hasn't done anything drastic to Y&R unless you call a few new sets and firing people fans didn't care for drastic.

I too wish Y&R would write out Grandpa Neil. He and CK's Lily are the weakest links of the black cast.

GH

I used to go back and forth on Sonny. I have to say though this is the worst version of him to me. Kate's walking around with her balls in his purse and he's pining after her.If I was a big fan I would be upset.

I don't think Lindsey Morgan is the worst actress on GH. She isn't acting any better or worse than the majority of her scene partners.And they really aren't giving her anything.

I still think Kristen Alderson is the weakest link of the younger cast. And the Michael and Starr pairing is two boring characters played by actors with no presence, one of whom is shoved down viewer throats.

I hate that Todd is the current romantic lead. He's done more crimes than the last criminals who people bitched about as GH's romantic leads yet somehow he gets a free pass. And I don't find Tarly cute or sexy.

Archived