Crystal Chappell's Memoir

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was never a personal fan of Crystal Chappell, but I don't doubt a lot of what she says. We all know these soap sets are full of divas and people you think are super sweet rarely are. It's usually good people who get a bad rap while the real devils get to run around behind the scenes. Kristen Alfonso always seemed like a diva to me, so I would be inclined to believe it. I will say, she's an idiot because Hope hasn't had a good story in years. She should've welcomed Carly/Bo and the chance to hook up with Justin. At least the writers were trying to give her character SOMETHING. Now they have her in such a useless supporting role, is that what she wants?

• Members

I believe hse is 100% correct on Alfonso getting Corday to take on Tomlin and herself, yes. Without a doubt. Hope suddenly gets this lead story after Carly returns for the first time, solo, perhaps ever. She suddenly has a new man (justin) and shes made out to be the innocent victim and Bo as this evil cold hearted cheater for their marriage falling apart when that was so not the case, at all. Plus its no secret Alfonso & Corday are BFF's.

And yes, the cast took sides and it isnt hard to figure out who sided with who if your aware of who hangs out with who, goes to the same events, etc... The only question mark I have is Peter. Im curious if her issues with him were during the first run or the second, and id wager the first or maybe early on in the 2nd? Im not sure. I do know they get along well and are friends outside of the show, with Peter appearing in her web series (two of them, tho he dropped out of one awhile ago).

Her return was a disaster and it was all in the writing. She did her best, as did LS, SC, MB, PR & others she shared story with.

• Members

I'm sorry, but this happens in every workplace. You have the bad people and the bad people. And a few good guys squeezed in.

I liked her on GL, especially during early Phillip/Olivia or Bill/Olivia. She was a great actress and she seemed like a team player to me. But then something began to feel way off about her.

I hate her constant lesbian pimping.

• Members

Frankly, I think it's unfair and inaccurate to say CC was responsible for the downturn in DAYS' ratings. For one, I'm pretty sure she wasn't the only one causing viewers to tune out. For another, it's not as if the writing on the show has done anyone any favors for awhile.

• Members

I don't find it strange about Zimmer but the description I read sounds sort of like another version of what went on at DAYS, where the leading man was supposed to be scared or two-faced or whatever. I'd never really heard that mentioned before about Robert Newman.

• Members

Someone on another board said Kristian has given Bill and Susan Hayes the cold shoulder ever since she saw them engaging in a conversation with Crystal. It's hard for me to believe anyone could be that petty, but one should never underestimate the neurosis and insecurity of actors.

Archived