Crystal Chappell's Memoir

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was self-published, you can only get it as a PDF on Chappell's own site, not even amazon.com.

I think different people have different comfort levels with sharing private stories. When it comes to CC getting along with people, well who gets along with all of their coworkers all of the time. Actors have egos, so at times they will clash like the rest of us and unlike normal jobs they can't always just quit.

• Members

I would love to read Robin's autobio, as she has already shared some really great stories on the Hotline, later repeated on her website in the "auto-blog-raphy" section. She hasn't begun to tell it all though, there are some things she's teased but said she's saving for the autobio someday. Now's the time! And I don't mean by Tweets.

• Members

I clearly recall Louise Sorel, in her "You'll never eat lunch in this town again" style TV Guide exit interview, stating that an actress on the show was told she was the reason ratings were down and that she couldn't be on screen as a result which created a working environment from hell on DAYS.

Sorel is friends with Chappell, so we have confirmation on who that statement was about.

I have always been curious about Kristian Alfonso, she seems to get along well with cast members I like...so I wonder if she's as big a bitch as it's sometimes claimed.

• Members

JP, you've gone to a lot of Days fan events and been on-set to interview the cast a couple of times. Not saying you know everything about what goes on behind the scenes but from your experience, what do you think is going on there? Do you think CC's claims are valid?

I know Chappell admitted after her first stint on Days in the early 90s that she was difficult on set because her first marriage was breaking up. KA said much of the same during her first stint in the 80s, indicating that she and Peter Reckell hated each other (they have since patched things up).

I also am surprised to hear PR being called out, too, as I assumed her was pretty well liked by the Days cast as a whole.

Personally, I think a lot of expectations were put on CC when she came back a few years ago -- myself included because I loved Carly and Lawrence back in the day. The writers effed up her return royally: in her first episode, she killed Lawrence and when she showed up in Salem, she was completely islanded as the Bope interloper. No Nicholas Alamein, they even kept Vivian away from her. Her first love scene with Bo was a disaster -- it looked like two men wrestling. Then they stuck her with Dr. "Vortex of Suck" McHairychest. Hope meanwhile was hopped up on pills and being Nighttime Hope. Not stellar writing by any means.

Archived