2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I assume Kay Alden to be behind all the story pitches for Dayzee and Marcus as she always was pro-PSA stories and tired to spread the story wealth amongst the entire canvas. I don't blame her that those stories always izzle as Brad dictates the general marching path. Pre Alden arrival on B&B the show barely had secondary stories anymore (2005-2007).

I was a bit surprised that even as a script writer Jack Smith is still involved with plotting, but considering his looooong B&B background this seems plausible.

• Members

I know, and he was associate head writer from 1987-2001 (and wrote a gigantic amount of scripts), before becoming co-headwriter as a training pad to return to Y&R full-time as then headwriter.

@ Ann-SS: Kay Alden is co-head writer although she's an associate head-writer with a more fancy title, as it seems. Michael Minnis (a former Y&R writer himself) is way more involved with Brad than she is. Alden also (used?) to to serve as script editor on the show at the same time.

• Members

You got that right about no one purposely leaving a tv show for a websoap. I wonder why these people follow their friends from soap to soap anyway? Are they pushed out of their old soaps or do they like the power of having an in with the boss?

• Members

Question, the current scriptwriting team at days - do they all have a history with it?

Because the scriptwriting has absolutely helped turn that show around. I never really paid much attention to scriptwriters but recently ive noticed that team can make a show (Days) or break it (For me, GH)

Archived