PROSPECT PARK's AMC & OLTL: Who would you chose as HW?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was boring at times but for the most part I enjoyed their AMC. We got some great drama/moments with Annie/JR/Marissa/Scott quad & I welcomed the addition of the Castillo's and how they were integrated with the cast.

Their failures for me were the Ryan/Greenlee reunion, killing Angie's baby, Caleb, and dragging the Kendall/evil Ricky story too long.

• Members

I'd give Kriezman another chance. He loves soaps and his script writing stint on GH in 2012 was admirable. He wrote the best scripts of the year with Dave Rupel, the back to back Robin funeral episodes. I think Swajeski is no Doug Marland, but she's done online stuff before so don't be surprised if PP taps her in some capacity.

I think Marla Kanalos will be on someone's list as a prominent writer for AMC reboot.

• Members

Given the soap opera climate, I thought Swajeski and Krezsman managed to give Pine Valley some sense of community and even heart--helped by coming off of Broderick's short interim period post Pratt (it also sounds like Agnes Nixon was allowed to be in the writing room again--something Pratt wouldn't allow, which could have helped). The main issue I had was, yeah, their year or so was almost too low key probably for a modern soap (and they did make some specific story mistakes as mentioned). But even some of the stunty stuff was pulled off better than it had any right to be, like the Erica/Jane story (although noticeably that story was written stronger with more psychological stuff for the brief bit when Broderick came back and wrapped up the story). Brown/Esenstein AMC pre Pratt was also kinda boring, but they also had a worse issue with balancing the canvas than S/K did.

Archived