Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R: January 2013

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#1 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

New Year, New Epi, New Thread

musical_guests_03.jpg

#2 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

As a parting gift, Daniel should bathe!  It certainly would make me happy! 

Bacteria - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Edited by ChitHappens, 01 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#3 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I really don't care that Daniel is leaving. 

#4 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

What happened on today's epi?

#5 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Same ole, same ole. Summer/Fen/Jamie, which I actually like. Victor, Nikki, and their apologists bringing in the New Year. Adam begging Chelsea to reunite again. Daniel telling Redzilla he's leaving, and her making it about her. Nick and drab a** Avery. Nothing special...

#6 soapfave06

soapfave06

Contract

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I really enjoyed the Summer, Fen and Jamie scenes. I do wish the actors playing Fen and Jamie were as good as Hunter King though.

#7 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I agree. I like that it's a normal teen romance storyline without babies and sex being involved. I hope it remains that way for awhile. * knocks on wood*

#8 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I see that Lauren has been added to the opening. smile.png

#9 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I see that Lauren has been added to the opening. smile.png

So has Noah in tomorrow's US show. Interestingly, Daniel is still in there also. You'd think they would wait until his last episode aired so they could edit him out.

#10 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

I thought Noah was already in the opening for some reason?

I bet Fen Summer and Jamie get added soon.

#11 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

BadZoe, in response to your post on the Y&R December thread, I noticed that Avery looked a little chubby with a tummy today too. First thing that popped into my head is that she better lose that weight or she is not long for Y&R.

#12 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I didn't think Avery looked chubby. The actress is curvy but not chubby.

#13 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I enjoyed today's epi. The truth about Summer being Brittany coming out.

Phyllis is pain

Nictor ringing in the new year.

Jack picking up a floozy at the bar.

Could've done without Villy though.

#14 Taiah

Taiah

Contract

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

BadZoe, in response to your post on the Y&R December thread, I noticed that Avery looked a little chubby with a tummy today too. First thing that popped into my head is that she better lose that weight or she is not long for Y&R.

Tight body hugging dresses are unforgiving to any woman with a pooch, gut, etc. I noticed this when she wore that red dress too. Her job will be fine though. 

#15 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I think that the truth about Summer coming out, is the writers finally getting that it's wrong to do a bullying story where it's someone we know nothing about. I think it was a good choice for them to end it sooner, but I hope they figure out what they want to do regarding a Fen/Summer/Jamie triangle.

Edited by yr9190, 01 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#16 BadZoe

BadZoe

Man and Horse!!

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't mind Avery and Nick, just lol at these scenes of her posing for him. I do think my wide screen tv makes everyone look short and fat unless they are too thin and the band-aid dress flatters very few. Why don't they realize a woman can be sexy without showing everything?

Is Adam setting up Jack?

#17 Soaplovers

Soaplovers

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I was surprised that Summer was outed as Jamie's original cyber bully... Even though Summer had a change of heart, it is good that she is outed and to suffer the consequences for her actions.  Co-sign on a teen storyline not involving a teen pregnancy thus far!  I've haven't been watching for a few months but was wondering if the shift from Summer to Fen being the cyber bully was due to the regime change or not.  I think the story works better with Fen as the bully, imho.

I'm wondering if they were doing a chemistry test with Chelsea and the detective?  I enjoy the Chelsea/Adam scenes, it seems very character driven.. but I hope she sticks to her guns and divorces Adam.  Even though Adam protests, he would go back to Sharon in a heart-beat.  As evident by the last few weeks, Adam would not be begging Chelsea for another chance if Sharon hadn't turned him away.

While I enjoy Avery/Nick as a couple, I want to see some scenes of Avery in the courtroom.  The original appeal of the character was her abilities at her job.. hopefully, the current regime will continue fleshing out her character without turning her into a mindless stepford wife.

#18 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

So nasty, SO rude.

• Members
  • 12,440 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I was surprised that Summer was outed as Jamie's original cyber bully... Even though Summer had a change of heart, it is good that she is outed and to suffer the consequences for her actions.  Co-sign on a teen storyline not involving a teen pregnancy thus far!  I've haven't been watching for a few months but was wondering if the shift from Summer to Fen being the cyber bully was due to the regime change or not.  I think the story works better with Fen as the bully, imho.

The story was changed because of Jeff Branson's departure. Originally, Summer was going after Jamie because she wanted to go after Ronan for ruining her parents marriage. At the time, Ronan was mentoring Jamie, so Summer saw hurting Jamie as an opportunity to get to Ronan. But then Jeff Branson left and it didn't  make  sense for Summer to go after Jamie, because Ronan was no longer in town and wasn't a threat anymore. So they shifted it Fen, who is now going after Jamie because he's jealous of the relationship he is forging with Summer. 

Edited by SoapBoy94, 01 January 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#19 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I really enjoyed the Summer, Fen and Jamie scenes. I do wish the actors playing Fen and Jamie were as good as Hunter King though.

I enjoy Hunter King she's a good actress. Much better than  the annoying chick before her. Her little sister Joey is a good actress as well. 

590079_t607.JPG

#20 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

So nasty, SO rude.

• Members
  • 12,440 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I think Hunter is a good actress. I know this is mean, but she just isn't cute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users