GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt Ron based his opinion on what Jason/Sam fans wanted. Burton quit, Monaco was doing DWTS, and apparently John was such a huge flop in his own right that they never bothered to integrate him. His story has amounted to being a deadbeat father and macking on a married woman. Fans didn't write that storyline. They also had little reason to do anything but spit on it.

Beyond the reason given on the show, I think this was mostly done for budget reasons. The NB looked very cheap that year in comparison to past years. I guess it wasn't JFP's style, or perhaps ABC told them it was time to pull the plug.

• Members

I was legit hoping that Spinelli would fall off the roof while he was up there lying on his ass getting wasted.

The girl who keeps puking on Britt is my hero.

I love how long it took Kristina to realize there was a LIVE PERSON in that trunk. Idiot.

HOW DARE YOU STAND IN THE WAY OF MY MIELLIE wink.png .

Emma's 2013 glasses wub.png.

• Members

OMG, poor Lila's wheelchair having an electrical malfunction ph34r.png ... "EDWARRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!"

So are they still planning it for June of this year? Talk about responsible early planning. They can't possibly talk about this thing for six more months.

• Members

I disagree, as it looks to me that Ron hasn't been willing to fully go there in fear of offending the delicate sensibilities of those stans. Even though that pairing/that character sucked, Sam has been kept in limbo - even after Faison kicked the roided goiter into the water - instead of making steps towards moving on with McBain as the story intended to be in the first place.

Not only is it unfair to me and other McBam fans, it's unfair to both KM and ME, whose characters haven't been able to make headway because of this misguided need to honor that worthless character.

• Members

If Ron cared about JaSam stans, he would not have severely written Jason OOC because Jason is a lot of things, but he'd never ask his wife to give up her child knowing how long she waited to have one. Jason takes care of kids, he doesn't throw them away. That's John. Ron went out of his way to make Jason look worse than John in the father department, and it failed. John failed on GH!

But like Carl said, Kelly was off the set quite a bit so there was not much that could be done to develop McSpam at that time. John on his own stood out like a sore thumbs in all scenes except with Anna.

I didn't think it was too bad. Some characters should not have been on and others should have been, but overall, for NY, it wasn't bad. Now, Christmas was aweful! Just aweful!

• Members

Considering that the roided goiter is the same assh0le who threatened to kill Sam over him being too pussyfied to answer for the resentment that she'd felt towards him shoving her aside for Liz and their plot point only to let those two go and have another dude raise his son because he couldn't be bothered to leave the thug life for them, I'd say that it's perfectly in character for him to ask Sam to give up her child in order to cushion his ego. As far as deadbeat dads go, he and McBain are in the same boat so I'm not seeing where he/JaSam were thrown under the bus to prop McBain/McBam. If anything, they're floating in mid-air because Ron would rather have Sam looking dead-eyed over the worthless bum that she married.

The only failure that I'm seeing with McBain on GH is Ron's refusal to completely move forward with McBam because he is inexplicably afraid of the backlash from those delusional stans and it's holding both he and Sam back.

Archived