Best and Worst 2012 Xmas Soap Episodes

• Members

B&B had the best xmas eve episode with Eric at the concert. Classy, heartfelt. But they get the scrooge award for not showing any decorations in the followup episode. Katie/Bill's decorations were down. And back to Liam love crap.

DOOL had the tackiest xmas. Luckily I didn't watch those episodes stoned. Jenn's dress looked like a homemade italian apron. Sami's lipstick in the followup episode was hilarious. That show must be paying college students to decorate sets and choose clothes, hair, makeup etc. The two Xmas episodes had some pluses but it's like the writers are on Xanax when the write. So boring, plodding. They have a goldmine, but nothing is happening.

GH: least sentimental and most tactical, pushing their 2013 stories through Xmas episodes. Well done shows but not heartfelt or memorable. Appreciated the credit crawl but they should hav listed whole production/writing team.

YR: yawn...a shadow of its sentimental xmas episodes past. They trotted out the xmas piano background music but the shows were boring.

B&B wins.....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH was the worst. Their holiday epis were not only boring but they didn't feel like holiday epis. Mery Skanmas, Merry Freakin Christmas? And they had some nerve playing Christmas music at the end of that epi.

I actually liked Y&R's Christmas epi this year(No more a Christmas Carol/It's a Wonderful Life crap) odd choice to actually show it on Christmas day but Y&R and B&B had the best holiday epis.

• Members

I'm watching GH right now. 2 more episodes. I'm assuming this last ep I watched was the Christmas one.

If so, LOL.

I thought it was tasteless how they used the song from the Christmas 2009 montage as background music at Kelly's during the Kristina/Trey/Alexis scenes.

Starr & Bambi having sex after he told her he was raped in prison was just...wow. No.

They played the same 2 Christmas jingles in rotation all this past week. Highly annoying. And those fake Christmas carolers prancing around the hospital had my blood boiling. I thought "WTH?" when they came snailing past Olivia/Dante/Lulu when they arrived at the hospital, clearly in a panic over Maxie. Those "Carolers" were SMILING in their faces.

All that said I did enjoy Lucy/Tracy/AJ/Monica & Carly/Todd were pretty adorable.

B&B's was definitely the best! I can't/won't even comment on DAYS'.

• Members

I thought DAYS was pretty good, actually. I liked the 2 Christmas episodes for the most part. Days always looks cheap 'n tacky, if that's how you're referring to it. It was weird not seeing Hope with the Hortons but at least they're using Bo's absense to acknowledge the existence of Shawn, Belle and Claire. Hopefully next year (since it'll more than likely be it's last... Ponder that. Teardrop.) there'll be more Hortons in attendance.

B&B wins. Great feel-good soapy stuff.

GH ok, Y&R bad.

Archived