Worst Parent & Child Relationships in Soaps

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim was a constant brat who, because she was raised by Rae's mother (with Rae always taking financial responsibility), whined and bitched at her nonstop, almost got Rae sent to prison, had an affair with Rae's boyfriend, on and on.

It's more complicated but the basic picture was several years of Kimberly whining and whining and whining "Mama" "Mama" "Mama," in this simpering voice.

• Members
I was counting Eric as one of those kids thats never around as he only just returned after being absent for over 10 years. Sami is the only child he has thats consistently been around all these years. Carrie at least pops in and out but the rest have been virtually non-existant

that almost sounds like early Erica/Kendall

Roman and Kate had some quality scenes a couple of months back and that was the perfect oppurtunity for them to bring up the fact that they share 2 children, but nope Cassie and Rex didnt even get a mention

• Members

Kate Roberts and her children. Their relationship is better now and it's rooted in wanting to protect them after letting them down in her past through prostitution and Curtis' abuse, but she was seriously OBSESSED with her children's sex lives. Manipulating Bo/Hope, Carrie/Mike, Sami/Chloe/Nicole all to get what she wants. I don't think she's ever been truly happy with one of her children's choices of love, save for Carrie until she screwed Mike and then came back frothing after Rafe and got a dagger wrapped in a box as a gift.

I swear, it's only a matter of time before she starts plotting against Sonny and thinking he's not good enough for Will.

• Members

I don't remember her giving a damn about Rex and Cassie enough to care. Maybe she interacted with Mimi while she was hiding the abortion?

She liked Melanie, true, but that brought out the other controlling side. Didn't she keep trying to force her to get back together with Phillip? She essentially did the same with Carrie, she liked Carrie well enough and knew Austin loved her, but she wanted Carrie to back off the Austin train. She was also focused on Vivian during that whole period.

• Members

Off topic but speaking of the abortion... I will never forget Mimi confessing to Rex that she got the abortion while he was in the bathroom with the door closed. She starts packing her clothes and when Rex comes out he is asking her why she is packing, and he ends up saying he was in the tub and fell asleep. Classic JER! :lol:

Archived