Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Maurice Benard was fired from AMC?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kendall

Kendall

Recurring

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

In SOD he talks about his time on AMC. Maurice says he learned a valuable lesson during his stint as Nico, "Never fall in love with your co-star." He went on to say that his personal problemsand relationship resulted in his exit and went on to brag about his new contract with GH blah blah.

#2 antmunoz

antmunoz

Recurring

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm pretty sure he and Rosa Nevins were let go. They were no great shakes in the grand scheme of AMC

#3 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am not sure. Something bad definitely happened between MB and the actress who played Cecily. The rumors were that MB's mental health issues were involved. I know that the actress refused to work with him at the end and they stopped sharing scenes and filmed their scenes separately which was very noticeable. It was too bad. Nico and Cecily were a great couple.

#4 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I *think* he and Lauren Holly had a romance that went bad too. I liked Julie and Nico. They were a nice version of the good girl/bad boy trope. Of course that's when "bad boy" didn't mean serial rapist/murderer/career criminal.

Edited by marceline, 22 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#5 ghfan89

ghfan89

Recurring

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm pretty sure he and Rosa Nevins were let go. They were no great shakes in the grand scheme of AMC

At All My Children, Nico and Cecily Kelly recently were sent on a round the world trip when Maurice Benard and Rosa Nevin decided not to renew their contracts. "Losing them was very difficult, because we had foreseen years of story for Nico and Cecily," says Executive Producer Behr. "If we could have changed their minds, we would have. But we were able to wrap up their story in such a way that they can come back. The door is always open. "

http://fionafest.hou...m/articl35.html

I *think* he and Lauren Holly had a romance that went bad too.

I think he's referring to Robin Christopher. Lauren was with Danny Quinn at the time.

Edited by ghfan89, 22 December 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#6 carolineg

carolineg

Recurring

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I believe it had to do with RC, but I was under the impression it was one sided. Like he had feelings for her and she wasn't into it. That's why they were never in a story on GH because RC still had reservations about MB because of their time together on GH. For some reason I thought MB was married during his time on AMC because he has mentioned knowing his wife since she was really young. When did he marry his wife?

#7 Pine Charles

Pine Charles

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

They were a cute couple.
He sucks on GH, though.

#8 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I believe it had to do with RC, but I was under the impression it was one sided. Like he had feelings for her and she wasn't into it. That's why they were never in a story on GH because RC still had reservations about MB because of their time together on GH. For some reason I thought MB was married during his time on AMC because he has mentioned knowing his wife since she was really young. When did he marry his wife?

He wasn't married while at AMC but I know from reading interviews from then that Paula was living with him in NJ at the time.

#9 SFK

SFK

Just your average hot damn bam bam baby sex scorcher icon.

• Members
  • 18,080 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wow, I was just a kid and had no clue about all this bts stuff with ol' Nico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users