HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Members

Not at all what I said. They're spending money. Who knows how much? But giving away their equity for what? Doesn't make sense to me. So maybe they needed more money and ABCD is paying a lot to hold on to the OLTL3. I know they paid a buttload to get them in the first place. So maybe they have the rights for another year and paid just as much all over again. The crossovers/cross promotion thing? It's a sham. It will do more damage than good. Who controls the story? Todd and John go to Llanview to put the final nail in the coffin of all their ties there, and return to PC? What does OLTL get from that? And IMO, FrankenRon have damaged the OLTL brand enough. They can keep the characters AFAIC. Even if I think it's a bad idea. But the ties need to be broken. GH needs to be GH. OLTL needs to be OLTL. And they need to be completely separate.

All this nonsense about how much Frank and Ron care about OLTL has been revealed to be a con. They could care less about OLTL.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no doubt that AMC & OLTL will air on Hulu and iTunes this Spring and I do think that PP wants to put out the best products. However, I realize how impatient I can be but there obviously is so much happening that we are not privy to. The Llanview 3 debacle I'm sure is an issue PP hadn't planned on dealing with so that is probably taking more time to resolve. We all just have to be patient and wait :-)

• Members

She's rejuvenating the show by going back to the basics, imo.

Raises hand. AJ & Miranda were born in 2004 so they'd really be 9 this year, aging them to 13-14 isn't that far fetched. Sure, Cady does look younger than her age, but she's 43 and Dixie was supposed to be a few years older than her, making Dixie about my age, 45. It's not out of the question for her to have a teenage grandchild.

I was wondering that too. I'm too lazy to look back through all the pages, but it seemed that someone (Carolyn Hinsey, or Jamey what-his-name) said we'd be getting some AMC news that would make us happy this week. I wonder if PP is just waiting for someone else to sign on before making an announcement. They only have 2 weeks until taping, so at the worst I guess we'll see who showed up at the studio!

• Members

I enjoy John on GH more than I ever enjoyed him on OLTL (which was never) and I'm fine with Todd and Starr on either show, but it will annoy me if PP let ABCD have their way simply because it might give those who were losing their minds over the injustice!!!!! of satanic PP maliciously trying to destroy ME/RH/KA's careers and cheat poor innocent FV/RC/ABC out of what is "rightfully" theirs the idea that they were right. Because... no.

• Members

I swear, I could not possibly care less about Michael Easton. So completely over it. I was actually looking forward to seeing a fresh new John. And I do not care about the actors in the mess in the slightest. Only the characters. And yes. If PP gave them up, and all they got in return was a couple of crossovers? They're idiots.

Great first post btw.

• Members

AMC casting per Nelson Branco's twitter feed:

[YURI] Eastern European, Late 30’s. Yuri is powerful business man behind Vlad. Slick, confident, a man who should be feared; RECURRING

[VLAD] Eastern European look, 30’s who is willing to get down and dirty to get what he wants. RECURRING

God I hope these two don't have anything to do with an illegal gambling website

• Members

I actually do care about Michael Easton and even I don't give a !@#$%^&*] where he lands. Frankly, after watching the clips of Caleb, I wish that he would find his way to Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Supernatural or any other show where he could be all evil and mystical. Of course he wouldn't make nearly the same money for that. Especially now that - if my actor friend told my they truth - he is making twice the money since he is playing two characters.

Is "Eastern European" then new way of saying "Caucasian?" laugh.png

• Members

I didn't mean that the way it sounded. I like the guy fine, but I'm not worried about his future employment. There are dozens of people being employed by PP now. I'm more invested in their future. Michael and his torment at possibly not being able to play John on GH and carrying story forward with the lovely but dull Sam, just really doesn't bring a tear to my eye.

Archived