HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What the [!@#$%^&*]?!

Come on, this has to be some sort of money ploy, right? Right? They just are trying to hold on to the rights for some ridiculous reason? The OLTL rights expire in January, meaning GH will likely be using more of those actors and characters. This has to be some sort of attempt to squeeze more green out of the deal. Surely.

Because I don't trust these people to legitimately know how to mount a soap, and I don't believe the timing is a coincidence. This has got to be some sort of play.

Because if it's not that, then I don't know what to think.

• Members

All My Children and One Life to Live's rights went back to ABC. About two weeks ago we read a article that said ABC was trying to revive the shows and wouldn't give the rights back to Prospect Park. Therefore, I think this is more Prospect Park BULL. Then again maybe ABC is teaming up with Prospect. Lord knows they aren't going to cancel The Chew. That show is shoved up ABC's butt. lol.

• Members

If I was a slightly bigger AMC fan I'd honestly be pissed about what's happened since the sign-off. They got no resolution. OLTL got a fair bit more, and its stories and continuity are living a quasi-existence on GH. We still don't know who JR Chandler shot. I think they deserve a bit more.

If it's true ABC also wants the rights back to do something with the properties - a claim DC is floating, of course - fine, great, let them. Their renewed interest in GH and their soaps, however marginal and numbers-related, pleases me. I'm not expecting the shows to come back, but I'd trust them to take it back and hand it over to their soap people for a little something far more than I'd trust PP with anything right now.

• Members

I JUST thought of something. I feel completely dumb for not knowing this but ABC and prospect park are related. Apparently Prospect is working on several primetime pilots for ABC. Maybe just maybe ABC and Prospect are teaming up to bring them back to TV. After all, ABC said they wanted a cost effective way to produce the shows so If Prospect helps ABC foot the bill for the two soaps then ABC would be spending less money on them and might be able to bring them back to the airwaves. This probably won't happen but it's just a thought. lol.

Archived