Who is the greatest soap star of all time?

• Members

Helen Hayes is considered the "The First Lady of the American Theater" so I am wondering who could classify as the "First Lady of the Daytime Serial" The question is not limited to women but also to men.

I am not sure about the best actress. Maybe Erika Slezak? Mary Stuart?

Also, if you don't mind I would like a YT link to an example of there performance.

Here is mine.

David Canary

Start at 5:03. An Adam scene is right after.

When I said Biggest star I meant "The First Lady/Man of the American Serial Drama" NOT the biggest star. I was thinking along the lines of Mary Stuart.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For my money, it'd have to be Beverlee McKinsey. But she's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Neither Eileen Fulton nor Susan Lucci were the greatest actresses in the world. However, any discussion about "The First Lady of American Daytime Drama" would feel incomplete without these two.

And do I really need to include a YT link on Erica Kane?

• Members
Yes. I don't know who she is!! JK!

I thought Eileen was pretty good from a clip I saw of her. Did she have a moment that defined her such as Her talk with Mona from that soap net rerun. The one were she says, "When I set my eyes on a man I am going to make sure he has success written all over him!"

• Members

I don't think you can really pick just one Daytime actor or actress and call the the greatest. Each soap has had its staples over the years, and quite frankly, they wouldn't have been staples if they weren't great. Each of them has their strengths and weaknesses, but something about them has made them great.

Archived