GH: Valentine's Day Supercouple Marathon

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually had no idea Nem were even popular. They were just kind of there for me. There was nothing interesting about them and they were just bland. It didn't help that TC checked out of GH about five years before he left and that NL has very little screen presence outside of her obvious beauty. They weren't outright offensive like Soily but I didn't know up until recently that they actually had a decent fanbase. The first thing I remember about them is that bizarre pirate story and the ridiculous tumor story. Didn't Nik have some twin/lookalike that raped Emily? And then Emily had a never before heard of twin sister that was sold on the blackmarket and had and affinity for eyeliner and gum chewing? Wow,when I actually go back and try to remember them, I realize they were saddled with some [!@#$%^&*] stories. Nik/Gia and Zander/(AT) Emily were so much better.

• Members

I don't know how popular they were I still come across fans of them here and there like every couple but I specifically remember them being loathed online and now some are just like well they were a couple and musketeers(I must be the only one who really didn't care about that lame 4 musketeers crap) so they were amazing. I thought they were bland and chemless and had some crappy stories and that princess/prince crap and Garden of Love stuff was so childish. Alot of the people I've come across who loved them didn't watch prior to 2003.

• Members

1. My S&B, Robin and Stone, and Liz & JJ Lucky are on this list, so I'm satisfied to see that my faves are rightfully entered on this list.

2. Not a single post-1999 couple (and I'm being very generous here) is even fit to shine the shoes of the pre-1999 couples on this list.

3. I'd be A-OK with one of those unworthy post-2000 space-wasting couples being replaced by worthier couples that were inexplicably ignored (i.e.: the aforementioned Robert & Holly, Ned & Lois, Scott & Lucy, and Kevin & Lucy).

4. Has SOAPNet always been intended to be a home for ABC soaps with a few crumbs of airtime thrown to Y&R and DAYS? Because I was honestly under the impression that this was the channel for all soaps (current and past, daytime and nighttime). If so, I guess that's why I'll never see a B&B episode on that channel.

4a. Though I haven't watched Y&R in ages, I wouldn't mind seeing a Cupid's Day supercouple marathon of that soap - provided that their featured couples don't consist of twosomes that came together after 2006.

Word.

• Members

Remember when they said SoapNet would be off the air in spring of 2012? That's when I gave up trying to watch Ryan's Hope. Is it still running?

Nikolas and Emily, like Nikolas and Robin, were one of those almost-couples the show danced around a lot in the '90s which fans were into. They didn't do it back then because Amber Tamblyn was very young, but they were clearly flirting with the idea for the future. When it finally came around in 2003 I thought it was a natural evolution, and a fine idea on paper, the triangle with them and Zander. The problem was the writing and execution, and yes, Natalia Livingston's acting. From thereon, Nikolas and Emily in action became nauseating. It didn't have to be.

• Members

I think TC's acting pisses me off more. He showed so much potential when he first came on the scene. He was quite good and very attracctive. Then at some point he let his looks go and literally looked like he would rather be anywhere else when he was onscreen. He was one of the worst cases of an actor just cashing a paycheck and not caring, but he was somehow quite upset to be let go. Natalia Livingston was never anything more than a bland, pretty face that was mediocre at her best. I never expected more of her. Emmy or not.

• Members

I never cared much for Nik and Em either way but I was appalled by the long list of characters that were killed off for the sake of their "love". Literally if you stood in their way, then you were dead. I guess its a good thing Gia hightailed it out of there without a trace as soon as they started up

• Members

In the 90s he was just there for me. I didn't find him super attractive and he didn't have any charimsa or anything that made him stand out. He was however surrounded by people better actors. In the 2000s he was just lazy as hell and seemed to think he was so above GH while staying on the show and sleepwalking his way through scenes. I was glad to see his lazy ass go especially after all the bitching to soap mags prior to his firing about how he wasn't a lead anymore.

• Members

Well, I thought he had some spark when he first appeared. His man pain was pretty epic. Although what you say is true. Once GF, SN, and even JJ left the show his inherent weakness began to show up. I never knew if he was lazy due to his lack of story or his lack of story was due to his laziness. Regardless, I was happy to see him go. His best scene in at least five years was his last one with Lucky.

Archived