Melissa Salmons

Richard Culliton

Carolyn Culliton

Susan Dansby

Script Editor

Courtney Simon

Story Consultant

Lorraine Broderick

Millee has been a HW of ATWT, Curleee one of GL's best HW's admitted in an interview of growing up watching GL and ATWT.

Packer,Backus and Wolf were on Douglas Marland's staff. Packer and Backus followed him as HW when he died.

The scriptwriters have worked on ATWT and they were some of my favorites.

Simon served as script editor for years.

I liked Lorraine when she was HW of ATWT although many ATWT fans didn't.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS:

EP: Edward J. Scott

HW: (depending on their age, I'm not sure if they're up to it anymore) Bridget & Jerome Dobson

Associate writers: Melissa Salmons, Lacey Dyer, Carolyn & Richard Culliton, Lorraine Broderick, Peter Brash, Paula Cwikly.

I think I'd just like to see what they'd do with these blank slate characters. You know the Dobsons would bring the humour, and they can totally do a whole range of stories that could really work for the show, if they were given enough time on it.

• Members

AMC:

Edward J. Scott (EP)

David Saughnessy (SP/Director)

Lorraine Broderick (HW)

Carolyn Culliton (AHW/BW)

Wisner Washam (AHW/BW)

Karen Harris (AHW/BW)

Richard Culliton (SE/SW)

Teresa Zimmerman (SW)

Melissa Salmons (SW)

Celena Cipriaso (SW)

Bettina Bradbury (SW)

Patrick Mulcahey (SW)

• Members

Y&R

Head Writer

JOSH GRIFFITH

Co-Head Writers

JOHN F. SMITH

LYNN MARIE LATHAM

Breakdown Writers

NATALIE MINARDI SLATER

BRENT BOYD

LISA SEIDMAN

Script Writers

JANICE FERRI ESSER

SUSAN DANSBY

PAULA CWIKLY

SARA A. BIBEL

JAY GIBSON

TERESA ZIMMERMAN

ERIC FREIWALD

LINDA SCHREIBER

Executive Story Consultant

KAY ALDEN

• Members

I'm so bad at this, but I know that Harding "Pete" Lemay would be my HW. Are there any dialogue writers who are celebrated for their realistic dialogue? I don't know who was writing Mac, Iris, and Rachel's arguments back in the day, or if Lemay was writing most of the dialogue himself, but damn, those scenes popped. I know people have mused over the fact that there were a lot of repeated "catch phrases" (e.g., "I withdraw the question") during Lemay's regime at AW and I don't know if he or a dialogue writer was responsible for them.

If I could weave Nixon's heart and penchant for vivid characters into the mix, I would. I would also incorporate Malone's more modern take on Lemay and Nixon's shaded drama, complete with social issues and traditional dark family drama.

• Members

I think McTavish is a capable writer with the proper producer and co-HW. She had one or two good ideas at GH, amidst the awful dross. I wouldn't mind seeing her have another chance. I think she could have the spy stuff and Broderick could bring the heart and family that was a part of GH for a long time.

• Members

I've heard that too, so I know it won't happen, but since this is fantasy land, I put them on the list.

I'd also love to see Nancy Curlee at DAYS.

The truth is "my" shows are long gone and it's tough to have a strong opinion on those that are left.

• Members

In honor of this statement, I petition the administrators, moderators and fellow post-ers at Soap Opera Network to cease calling soap opera scribes "writers," and to call them, from this point forward, "whores" (i.e., Head Whore(s), Associate Whore(s), Dialogue/Script Whore(s), etc.).

• Members

I think Frank and Ron could do very well at DAYS. I think they could easily save that show and I think they have the sensibility for it. Unlike Corday they also have the will.

But I also once thought Michael Malone would do very well there. His mix of socially relevant stories and excessive, ridiculously OTT baroque madness at OLTL in 2003-2004 was giving DAYS a run for its money at that time, only it was more literate. Ron's OLTL was IMO better and far more focused than Malone Part II, but Malone Part II would work very well in Salem compared to most of the dreck they push year after year.

I wouldn't leave Megan McTavish in charge of a toaster after what she did to GH. It wasn't only a cartoon, it was utterly incompetent.

As for me, I am flattered, really, but I wouldn't know where to begin, and I work in film. I gave up any thoughts of working in daytime ages ago, and frankly I think those that do have a lot more strength and grit than most of us to do that day in and day out.

• Members

Days of our Lives

Executive Producer

Wendy Riche

Co-Head Writers

Sheri Anderson & Wisner Washam

Associate Head Writers/Breakdown Writers

Lorraine Broderick

Anne Schoettle (also SW)

Maura Penders (also SW)

Script Editors

Dorothy Ann Purser (also SW)