Choose Your Own Writing Staff

• Members

We might have done this exercise countless times before, but you know what? In light of today's events, I just want to focus on something "fun" and "positive."

Of course, this being SON, even a harmless discussion about which writers each of us would pick to write our soap of choice can turn into a blood feud.

Nevertheless....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH

EP: Frank Valentini (I think Ron is the reason for the lack of creativity)

Head Writer: Clair Labine.

With Frank's Camp and love for veterans I could see a lighter version of the first go-around with CL. If someone like LB were on board I can even see a perfect balance of the Action/Adventure stories of the 80s and the Human-Emotion stories of the 90's. I wonder if AN would write and consult?

• Members

Days:

Headwriter

Sally Sussman Morina

Associates Headwriters

Christian McLaughlin,

Marlene McPhearson

Darryl Ray Thomas

I don't care about the script writers.

Since Bill Bell and Jim Reilly are dead and Ron Carlivarti (who has a Days sensibility) is tied up on GH, I'm going with Sally because she was around during Days last great years and can channel some of that Reilly magic. Marlene and Darryl got a raw deal, pure and simple. They had some issues, but would do well outlining and contributing to Sally's long term projections. I believe Christian might inject some life into the current 20somethings or get rid of them and add a new set of teens.

• Members

For DAYS:

Head Writer: Khan. (Yeah, I said it.)

Writers: CarlD2, Patrick Erwin, Jennifer Gibbons, Thomas Nelson, Cynthia C. Scott, and Vee.

Of course, y'all know who "CarlD2" and "Vee" are (don't you?). However, Erwin, Nelson and Scott were/are all buddies of mine from the (now-defunct) Buzz board, which Nelson ("GLBuzz") administered and moderated.

Carl and Nelson share (with me) the same sensibility and attitude toward soap-styled, character-driven storytelling that tells me the three of us could handle the bulk of HW'ing duties.

Erwin and Scott (aka "Shadowplay" from Buzz board) have a knack for turning phrases that make me think they'd make good dialogue writers (don't laugh, Steven Bochco and Tom Fontana have hired writers the exact same way); and Gibbons, who I know from another, GUIDING LIGHT-related board, reminds me of many P&G writers in terms of how she writes with empathy and compassion, esp. for teens and young adults.

And Vee...? Something tells me (again, from comments/ideas/suggestions/etc. he has posted on this board, as well as his wit, which I think is crucial for soap writers) Vee's precision and attention to detail would make him the best script and/or story editor that a HW could ever hope to have.

Archived