Celebrities who loved soaps

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, it always seemed strange for "The Nanny" to make so many Y&R references. I mean, it's one thing when they referenced DAYS and Patch in the episode Stephen Nichols guest-starred in; and yeah, the two shows ("Nanny" and Y&R) appeared on the same network; but I always felt like Fran Drescher Fine was more of an AMC/OLTL/RYAN'S HOPE gal, you know? At the very least, I see her watching ANOTHER WORLD or SEARCH FOR TOMORROW over Y&R.

• Members

Also, given that the show was NYC based - a BIG market for ABC soaps, it was strange she didn't rep them aside from occasional AMC references.

Then again, I know originally Joey on Friends was supposed to be an AMC actor, since AMC was Crane and Kaufman's favourite soap, but NBC demanded they change it to DAYS - even though DAYS is taped in LA and Friends was New York based (the show's premise that is).

• Members

But remember the episode where Fran briefly had a role on the show? This might have been the same ep that featured Dorothy Lyman and (how random) Pamela Anderson.

I still maintain MAB thought she was hiring Madeline (and not Yvonne) to play Daisy.

Archived