Celebrities who loved soaps

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read former Texas Gov. John Connelly and his wife Nellie (they were in the car with Kennedy ) were huge soap fans.They said John would schedule all his meetings etc around their shows and watched them till he day he died. I think As The World Turns was mentioned as being one of their favorites.

As mentioned above Aretha is a big Y&R fan and has watched since it started.

George Jones I read liked As The World Turns.

Sally Field said she watches ABC soaps and has all her life. She also said when they break on the set for lunch etc......she will go back to her dressing room and catch them.

• Members

I would love to know what she thought about the show taping in Peapack. ;) LOL but in all seriousness I seem to remember reading about her watching soaps. My grandma told me she seemed to remember Dolly appearing on One Life or one of the daytime soaps. I've googled it and so far found nothing. It really is sad that there are only four left. Celebrities loved them I mean it really is sad we've lost four of the greatest ones.

• Members

I'm watching Sanford and Son right now and Fred is bemoaning having his TV taken away because he won't be able to keep up with Mickey and Laura who just got divorced on Days of our Lives. :P I wonder if Redd was a soap fan because there were several references made to Fred watching his stories on S&S. I know he wasn't writing the scripts, but I wonder...

Archived