DAYS: NABET crew members (audio/lighting/video depts.) have been laid off

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I´m sure if NBC wanted they could give these people a new deal. They had to know for atleast 2 months now, ever since Corday announced the plan to move fell through. This just feels like the network decided these people just aren´t necessary for the approx. 4+ months of taping needed for the show to finish its current contract. There is still a chance atleast some of them could be hired directly by Corday Productions, but they would have to be paid directly from the show's budget and I´m not sure that´s possible even if Corday wanted. Still, someone has to do the job and because it seems NBC has washed its hands with "it's not our studio, so it's not our problem", it will be up to Corday to find the cheapest replacement possible. In both ways it's another dent into show's budget because jobs which were essentially outsourced and paid by NBC till now will have to be paid directly by Corday.

• Members

That's what it sounds like - the union involved had a deal with NBC when they owned the studio, which has since expired.

DAYS now has to scramble to find replacements, and pay for them out of their own pocket. Given that DAYS has a shoe string budget to begin with, and the low ratings, it probably doesn't look too good for the show.

• Members

Unless Ken Corday miraculously finds the cash needed to hire a new crew, I don't expect DAYS to last much longer (on-air) than March 2013. At best, they'll find enough money to hire a sort of "skeleton crew" to keep the show going long enough to write and produce a proper (if rushed) ending. However, even under those circumstances, it can't be a long-term solution, or else DAYS will run seriously over budget.

Worst-case scenario: DAYS stops production immediately, and abruptly; a final airdate is announced; and viewers are left hanging in the worst way ever.

Archived