GH: Felix controversy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure the haters will be rushing to bash Carlivati momentarily, so I will just say that I'm proud of him for sticking up for his work. It is so easy for everyone to tear down the things that he does and nit pick it dry. I'm glad that he appears to not let all of the bashers get him down because truthfully, no matter what he does, those who oppose him will never be happy.

• Members

Yes I know. I think the story could have had potential if it would have been written by Lorraine Broderick/Agnes Nixon or another critically acclaimed writer like Michael Malone. Either way I like Felix and I support Carlivati for standing up for the character and he is right he has represented the Gay/Lesbian audience on daytime TV since he began his head writing career.

• Members

Poor put upon Ron Carlivati...PUKE!

This controversy is in his head! People will watch GH if it's good so no need to drum up chit based on a few [!@#$%^&*] tweets!

He has yet to address his blatant disregard for black characters! Did I miss that in print?

GMAFB! Some are so easily duped!

• Members

I'm not even talking about the lack of black characters this time. I'm just wondering why Ron hasn't addressed it because, trust me, it has been mentioned to them on numerous occasions. I didn't see Felix, so I don't have much to say about the character, but from what I've seen on a few sites, the response has been mostly positive, so Ron feeling compelled to address the controversy is bull!

This is nothing more than Ron patting himself on the back for something that is really no big deal at all. if nothing else, he's one clever hump!

• Members

Is he "defending" this story or just looking for an opportunity to pat himself on the back? Does he know that many in the gay community consider GLAAD to be nothing more than an excuse for endless fundraising dinners and a way for Hollywood to pretend they aren't anti-gay (including handing Grey's Anatomy an award at the height of covering up for ugly homophobic behavior backstage)? Does he really want to bring up that gay bashing story, which told viewers that gay bashing is a handy way to scheme to get a boyfriend?

This whole thing seems like overkill. I get the feeling that he himself regrets a little of that scene and feels defensive.

He's become very very Ryan Murphy. No thanks.

Archived