DAYS - Who else loved the Last Blast Teens?

• Members

THIS! Of all the storylines for Dena to dump, I will never understand why the show allowed her to write off Shawn & Belle. The Phillip/Chloe/Belle/Shawn was the best storyline at that time. This was my favorite storyline of Hogan's during his run. Chloe was on turning into a diva bitch, which I loved. I loved how she made Belle admit her affair with Phillip. I liked the potential of a Shawn & Chloe pairing. And Martha & Jay had sizzling chemistry. The show really missed the boat by not going farther with Phillip & Belle.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh God!!! That "aw shucks" look that Jason Cook gives at the very end after he says "Get Tempted" just RUINS it! At least Jay Kenneth Johnson looked seductive when he did it. Skipper Kirsten Storms did a decent delivery of it too, but Cook make it one big bundle of cheese.

• Members

I remember this era well. It was the era when I first got involved with the message boards and I believe that this is also when Toups first got involved (along with Andre and Kenny, wherever they are). I remember that for some of us, we were following threads on the BBs more closely than we were following storylines on the show.

My personal favorite was the bringing down of Channa, the top poser insider of the day. Hey Toups, do you remember "Andre, ex-reporter" showing up in that thread the night she got brought down for good? I still remember how upset Kenny was, and my asking him "What's the problem here? I honestly thought that we all knew that Channa lied."

The teens of that era totally took over the show. It was relentless and even KC had to step in and stop it, before he even got rid of Langan. The BBs heavily revolved around complaints regarding "Teens of our Lives."

There were a bunch of other problems too. John/Hope and Sub-sex was at the top of the list. Bo was a yuppie. And Jack and Jen...well, the show never did get them right. But I still have nightmares about Jack's quasi-British accent.

I never understood the Philip and Chloe love story. The night of the Last Blast Dance Philip saw only two new things he liked about Chloe.

Chloe was a total narcissist. Fans on the net began calling her Chlo-ME. Then when she was paired with Brady some people took that and began calling them Blo-ME. And I still haven't figured out why Brady honestly believed it made sense for him to proclaim himself Chloe's vocal mentor.

I think the best line about the era, delivered on the BBs at the time, was said in a post I remember from the Coffeerooms. It was in June 2001, when the second Last Blast Dance was being hyped and readied. One poster bluntly asked: "So what....is this, like, our version of the Nurses' Ball now?" That line was a classic, especially if understood in the context of it's time. The Nurses Ball was such a big thing back then, a defining annual moment on GH, year after year. That snappy one-liner summed up the difference between the two shows, and what DAYS was turning into under Tom Langan during the era of the Last Blast Teens and Tropical Temptation.

• Administrator

Stevie, I don't remember the details surrounding that. I have such a bad memory. LOL

Yup!! They're real (I think) and they're spectacular.

Don't forget them singing show tunes and prancing around a park.

The Langan era was such a bad period for the show.

• Members

If I recall correctly, was one of the reasons Lorraine Broderick's head-writing stint ended before it really started because she and Tom langan were fighting over the Last Blast teens? I think she wanted to introduce the teens slowly into the show while Langan was insistent on focusing on them?

Am I remembering correctly?

Archived