DAYS - Who else loved the Last Blast Teens?

• Members

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and my favourite soap is Days Of Our Lives. I particularly LOVED the show during 1999 to 2002 and that's down to the teenage storylines.

Just so you know, I'm from the UK and DAYS was shown over here on a channel called Zone Romantica between 2007 to 2011. The episodes that were shown were from that period (1999 to 2002).

tumblr_lqvurjup0X1qerwego1_400.png

teens.jpg

teens_cover.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 'Last Blast Generation' teens. As a young person myself, I loved seeing their storylines unfold. Sure, they were a little too stereotypical but they were incredibly fun to watch. I found Belle and Shawn's relationship really cute, I loved the little love triangle between Chloe/Philip/Brady as well as Mimi's constant schemes with Jan and Jason.

Oh yes, the annual Last Blast Dances were so entertaining, not to mention the Tropical Temptation storyline. I actually cried (sad I know) when they all graduated as well as when they came back for the high school reunion in 2007.

So, did anyone else love these guys or am I alone? Feel free to post YouTube links, old articles and pictures from that time. Also, say what was your favourite storyline, couple or character.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved it. I was very young at the time and looking back at it now, some of it was a little cringe-worthy, but I am happy with the direction of all of the characters. I loved Shawn/Belle and think that they are very missed right now on canvas and should really be utilized.

I loved Mimi (unpopular opinion around here) and even liked Chloe.

My favorite was (hugely unpopular) Jan Spears. Absolutely loved this bitch from the time she was the high school mean girl to the time she was a raging psycho locking Shawn in a cage.

• Members

I always hated Shawn and Belle, though Jason Cook was one of my first guy crushes, but I absolutely loved Mimi back then and up until the horrible abortion story that ruined her character and loved Philip and Chloe until she cried rape and Brady came on with all that f*cking singing. My most hated couple in DAYS history.

• Members

My favorite line ever from the Rahmer fiasco was when they were just about to transition to Martha Madison and they had Mimi say "cool extensions Belle." I died laughing. That [!@#$%^&*] looked ratchet and Fath just sounded like...well Farah Fath.

• Members

I liked Shawn and Belle and would like to see them back in Salem. I never liked Mimi (probably bc of FF). Loved JKJ. Would like to see him back as well. The original Jan was horrible, but Heather Lindell turned out to be awesome when she took over the role.

• Members
Gigantaur....lol. They were unnecessary. I remember think this was all a bit excessive and I couldn't believe Days created an entire class around the teens. Wasn't there talk about doing a SBTB style Saturday morning spinoff centering around them?

Archived