Surprise! Soap Opera Ratings Bubble Up

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there some reason we've seen a surge of "Soaps are coming back!! Keep hope alive!!" trolling in the press? We've had DC, Hinsey and now this article. Is there some deadline coming up that has these people thinking that they need to Jedi Mind Trick everyone?

mellow.png

• Members

I just can't get over Valentini citing that portrayals of women are more contemporary. WTF? More contemporary than what? Game of Thrones? Mad Men?

The moment he said that someone should've slapped him. Anyone. The reporter, some homeless person on the street, a kid skating by on a skateboard, anyone. The moment those words left his lips, the universe should've moved to make sure he got slapped.

• Members

Strongest but not most contemporary. That's my issue with what he said. He didn't claim the portrayal was strong he said "contemporary" as in modern. For me that's two different issues. There's nothing modern or contemporary about women who get knocked up over and over again and never know who the father is or women who are so singularly focused on the man in their life that their every move and motivation is about pleasing him, keeping him or [!@#$%^&*] him. The portrayal of women is contemporary only if you're comparing them to the women of Leave it to Beaver or Father Knows Best.

Archived