OLTL Actor Scott Evans Busted For Undercover Drug Buy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The stuff about Claywell and Evans went into such OTT territory, including weird claims that one of them was demanding a "Robin Strasser like salary." That's why I didn't believe it, because it just felt like scapegoating. I never thought the actors were saints, so this doesn't really make me any more likely to believe all the [!@#$%^&*] that went around when they were fired.

• Members

Nene: Bitch, I am very rich. Cashing Trump checks. I make a Robin Strasser-like salary. Bloop bloop!

Yeah, all of that was so nasty and all of our guts were telling us that these reports were coming from a warped place. I'm sorry that he's using drugs, I'm even sorrier that he was caught as so many people are on *something* and I would hate for his career to be hurt by being an unlucky one. I know that sounds odd to defend such a thing, but it's really easy to sit back and judge and everyone deserves at least a second chance. Being an out gay actor, things aren't going to be that easy for him to begin with.

• Members

What show?

I dunno, I do think it's funny as I was just asking about his drug thing SoapsandStuds alluded to in the other thread last night--this board sends out karma.

And... This may be an unpopular opinion on here, but it doesn't sound like a huge deal to me. If it happens again, maybe. I have a ton of friends who have gone out clubbing and bought some coke from someone they don't know. Stupid, yes, (though Canada doesn't seem to have the same amount of cops who go undercover as dealers), and dangerous too I guess (though these weren't huge amounts of crack or something)--and I'm not saying I'm advocating it. But it's not like they instantly should go check into rehab. This isn't quite a Michael Nader situation wink.png

(And if I worked with Farah Fath, trust me, I'd have to be high to be able to deal with that, myself).

• Members

I'd rather believe that his firing is what led him to join the ski team. In any case, I hope he gives up those slopes soon as that Columbian will literally eat your heart and lead to a premature death in one's fifties.

BTW: Why not just recast? They obviously didn't want that gay couple around.

• Members

I can't remember, did you watch OLTL during the Kish stuff? because he talked a lot about being out, during the time, and Chris and Scott's real mom played his mom on the show (and was worse than Franco's mom on GH...) It just seemed hard to avoid not knowing, at the time--if you watched. (or that Brett was straight, bla bla)

• Members

I think a lot of people would agree with you, but it's just like what you were saying the other day, it's the ones who are sloppy enough to get caught who make news. There are tons of actors in Hollywood who sneeze snow, he certainly does not deserve to be some sort of poster boy.

Archived