Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Maurice Benard Signs New Contract with 'General Hospital'

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Disney/ABC Television GroupIn a Twitter posting just after midnight on Tuesday, December 4 (on the east coast), Maurice Benard revealed that he signed a new contract with ABC's "General Hospital," which will keep him in the role of Sonny Corinthos for the foreseeable future. In his posting the actor said, "I just signed my contract for 'General Hospital.' It makes me feel good that I'm not leaving my family."

Read More

#2 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

WHY, GOD, WHY?!

#3 Steve

Steve

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

UGGHH! I won't be trying to get into watching GH anytime in the foreseeable future then.

#4 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

For a split second when I saw the partial headline on the main board I thought it said "Maurice Bernard SINGS..." and I thought "What kind of musical fuckery is Carlivati up to now?" LMAO!

#5 reallyhateskateonlost

reallyhateskateonlost

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

lol..Y&R can relax for now.

Posted Image

#6 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yay! Mo grates at times, but I love Sonny (well, not this current version).

#7 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Can't say that I'm surprised, since he knows exactly where his bread is buttered and is wise enough to not test Frank with that divo crap that he (and his mercifully departed running buddy) got away with during JFP's reign of terror.

#8 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'm sure his fan will be happy to hear the news.

(What? Oh. No, that isn't a typo.)

#9 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well, he has more right and purpose to be in this show than this "thing":

Posted Image

So, what's The Lion from The Wizard of Oz doing in Port Charles anyway? ;)

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 04 December 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#10 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I'm off to see the Wizard. Maybe he will give me the courage to keep watching this girl.

#11 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well, he has more right and purpose to be in this show than this "thing":

Posted Image

So, what's The Lion from The Wizard of Oz doing in Port Charles anyway? Posted Image

Wow are you ever obsessed with KA, I think thou prostest too much and are secretly a closet fan of hers Posted Image

#12 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

You can call it what you like, I just do not like being force-fed untalented, uncharismatic, unattractive, and unnecessary actors/characters on an ongoing basis.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 04 December 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#13 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

As photos go, that's one of the better ones I've ever seen of KA.

#14 doolfan

doolfan

Recurring

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Can't say that I'm surprised, since he knows exactly where his bread is buttered and is wise enough to not test Frank with that divo crap that he (and his mercifully departed running buddy) got away with during JFP's reign of terror.

Frank dosen't take crap from anyone. Didn't he fire the actress on OLTL who played Carlotta Vega because she didn't want to go along with the gay storyline?

#15 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Frank dosen't take crap from anyone. Didn't he fire the actress on OLTL who played Carlotta Vega because she didn't want to go along with the gay storyline?

I was never sure what to believe about Carlotta 1.0, as I'd gotten the report from the bootleg Perez Hilton (which eventually spilled over to the real Perez Hilton), whose reporting I don't trust (to put it mildly). However, if this was, indeed, what went down, well, you are right about Frank not taking coddling any divas/divos on-set.

#16 KMan101

KMan101

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Damn. Though overall Sonny has been much more tolerable and not nearly as front and center.

#17 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

You can call it what you like, I just do not like being force-fed untalented, uncharismatic, unattractive, and unnecessary actors/characters on an ongoing basis.

Which is what every soap in the known universe has done at one time or another, JFP did it on OLTL with her FOJ

#18 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

One doesn't excuse the other or make the situation any better - this is a present ordeal, one that's grating in the here and now.

#19 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

That wasn't the case at all. The actress (her name escapes me) wanted them to write the story with a bit of reality to it (you know..some depth). Carlotta's religious background would not have her celebrating homosexuality. She thought it best to allow the character to work towards accepting it. Frank, being the jackass that he is, didn't think so. The actress quit. So they broght in whatserface to play Carlotta being so happy about Kish and she looked stupid doing it.

#20 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

The actress (her name escapes me) wanted them to write the story with a bit of reality to it (you know..some depth). Carlotta's religious background would not have her celebrating homosexuality. She thought it best to allow the character to work towards accepting it. Frank, being the jackass that he is, didn't think so. The actress quit. So they broght in whatserface to play Carlotta being so happy about Kish and she looked stupid doing it.

This makes sense to me. Far more sense, in fact, than the suggestion that Patricia Mauceri is some gay-hating bigot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users