All soaps: Bisexual characters, etc?

• Members

Don't know if this topic has been discussed already??

Has daytime had a long-term character that has been bisexual throughout his/her entire run on the show? There've been characters that have been homosexual, but discovered that later than in their teens, and have been with the opposite sex before coming ouf of the closet. NOT the same thing. I am talking about the real bisexual deal. Like Nolan Ross on ABC's Revenge. Knowing fully well that he is attracted to both men and women.

Also, have soaps had any transsexual character? Queer? Metrosexual? Transgender?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As was model Azure C. (Carlotta Chang) on The City.

I remember reading rumors about plans for OLTL's Rex and Seth and GL's Jonathan and Sandy being bisexual, but I could never tell if that had really been a show idea at one point or just wishful thinking on the part of certain fans.

• Members

There was a bisexual woman named Sharon Duvall on Days in the 70s. She was only on for a little over a year. She was married to a man but fell in love with Julie Williams. She admitted to Julie that she was bisexual and was in love with her. Julie didn't react well. Apparently the show received a lot of protest over the story and cut it short. They made poor Sharon mentally ill and she and her husband left town.

• Members

I can not even think of a primetime/cable show that has done a bisexual character correctly.

Make it or Break it started one and it was done so well, but then Josh Bowman booked revenge and the show moved locations and got axed. Maybe Paige on Degrassi, but she was only into Alex so i am not sure if that would make her bisexual or just a straight woman who fell in love with another woman or what.

Archived