Favorite Soap Christmas episodes

• Members

With another holiday season now having descended upon us whether we like it or not I thought it be a good idea to reflect back on some of our favorite Christmas episodes:

-B&B's 1997 Christmas episode always sticks out to me thanks to the chilling but touching scenes of James bringing baby Mary to see Sheila in the hospital following Sheila's rooftop jump.

-GL's 1992 Christmas episode was bittersweet as it was Maureen's last Christmas but I loved all the scenes of Jenna attempting to spend time with Henry as she was pretending she was his illegitimate daughter. Their 1987 Christmas was memorable too as the Bauers spent it somberly as Johnny was dying while Reva discovered Alan's softer side.

-Days' 1990 Christmas was another stand out with Kayla trying to keep Steve's memory alive by dressing up as Santa with a patch, Jack's Santa proposal to Jennifer after coming down the chimney, and Roman/John arresting Bo as the Riverfront Raider.

-ATWT's 1992 Christmas was a pleasant surprise on the DVD set for me as it was pretty much a last hurrah for the Marland era as both Frannie and Rattray's Lily had their final scenes.

-Y&R's 1988 Christmas will always stick out...not because Cricket had four men swooning over her but because of Brad had to spend the holiday in a cage.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B's two-day Christmas celebration of 2004 comes to mind.

Thorne & Ridge had had a major fight that year, so none of them felt like celebrating Christmas together, so they both offered out on the usual Forrester celebrating. Amber, who was after Thomas, saved the day to get some good points. But it turned out to be a terrific Christmas.

http://www.boldbeautifulfan.com/bbarchiv/2004/dec/fe122004.htm

ercstp1223.jpgsamhec1223.jpgbrkrdgrj1223.jpgmassnik1223.jpg

drlsalclk1224.jpgercstp1224.jpgamtom1224.jpgrdgthrstp1224.jpg

• Members

DAYS: Not an episode, but I like during the hanging of the Horton Christmas ornaments when Hope hangs Addie's and, previously, when Alice would hang Tom's. I know there are other missing (offstage) and deceased characters, but I always liked those two moments.

I also liked the Passions Christmas episode when Sheridan came back from the dead (for the first time).

• Members

I echo Passions first couple Christmas episodes, after that it went all down hill and always had to be about Gwen attacking Theresa in front of everybody (In Church of all places!)

My favorite is the Tabitha and Timmy Christmas flashback episode in 2001.

I feel like B&B is always famous for having the characters get along just for that one day....minus 2008 when Stephanie called Rick an SOB, but oh well....

I liked most of Y&R's classic christmas episodes, but I have to say that before Maria felt like she had to do it every year, I really loved Michael's "wonderful life" in 2008.

Archived