Soap Opera Digest "Just My Opinion" One Life to Live

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And he's doing a worse job at telling them the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...time around. There hasn't been a cohesive story told yet and NOTHING has been brought to conclusion. This is James E. Reilly chit here.

The only thing they've done is to not have 3 characters dominating the screen, but at the same time, GH characters have been shafted to make room for characters that should have died when their show died.

• Members

Other than the baby switch what stories has he copied from OLTL? The Kate D.I.D. story was already in place before Carlivati took over. Garin Wolf created that story. I thought that the Two Duke's story was going to be a complete copy of OLTL's Todd/Victor but it turned out to be a complete and total new story and I am personally loving it. I also love how he is putting the Quartermaine's (the ones left) front and center. I love Monica/Tracy scenes.

But I agree I don't like the OLTL characters on GH either. I think that if they got those three off contract then it would free up space for three GH characters. I cannot stand Starr on GH and John McBain has no purpose and Todd is just used as comic relief. They are just taking up contract spots that could be used for three GH characters.

• Members

DID was not in place when FRon came to GH. They were consulting late October/early November of 2011 and that is when the direction of many stories changed. There was not a hint of DID before FRon on GH. Just because they said it was in place before they got here does not make it true. Coincidence, the meat of DID didn't begin until FRon? Yeah, ok.

• Members

You guys do have to give JER credit though, He knew how to do the romance! lol and even if the story was far out there he knew how to get viewers tuning in and he did craft some pretty interesting storylines. I was glued to Passions during the whole blackmailer story but was COMPLETELY disgusted with the whole Vincent/Valerie are the same and then Vincent sleeping with and getting pregnant by Julian!! That was too far. If the show was still on NBC they would not have been able to do that story. I actually stopped watching during that time period. Passions got so bad during it's final months.

I have read several articles that said Garin Wolf started the D.I.D story and not Ron C. And How would they have consulted in October/November 2011 when he wasn't even hired until January 2012 and OLTL didn't even wrap up production until LATE November 2011.

• Members

JER gets no credit from me as his idea of romance was drug and rape, drug and rape, drug and rape, and when even he got tired of that, in comes the hermaphrodite sexing up his/her father/uncle.

Affiliates had to threaten NBC to get rid of the show.

Why because he brought back faces from the past? Ok.

Ron and Frank stink to high heaven at this writing thing and a bunch of 80s/90s characters won't change that!

• Members

They took over the duties of writing and EPing in January, but they were hired late 2011 and was consulting (getting the show ready for their chit) at that time. They re-directed several stories when they came aboard. Also, I heard in a few different places that FRon were snuck in before JFP was officially fired, December 2, 2011.

• Members

But GH fans have been praising them saying they haven't enjoyed the show this much since the 80s. Also, Frank V and Ron C, get a thousand bonus points from me for bringing back Ms. Lucy Coe and the Nurses Ball!!. I think they have had some good stories on GH. For starters they have Robert/Faison/Duke/Luke/Anna/Robin in this great story. That story alone takes me back to the action/adventure of the 1980s.

• Members

With all due respect, some GH fans praising FRon doesn't mean the show is good. The numbers speak for themselves. You can bring back all the familiar faces from the past, but if the stories aren't good and not moving, fans are going to tune out as quickly as they tuned in.

Archived