Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This whole Sharon/Adam story is almost enough to make me completely lose any interest in the show. I can even handle the fact that the show is boring, but this couple is so wrong on so many levels - and no matter which writer they bring in, it will never be okay with me.

• Members

LOL! :lol: Oh Eric. Never change. I love how his reaction to that overlit penthouse is massive indifference at best. He can't wait for the ranch.

I am still struggling with JFP's much-vaunted and highly-proclaimed talent in the production and music fields. I am just not getting it here. The lighting is too harsh and shows up flaws on the set. It all looks a little GH. Y&R was FAMOUS for its forgiving lighting and real-feeling, detailed sets. A little sweeping camera movement over some flowers might not go amiss either.

The music needs to be fixed. Not everything needs to sound like the background in Crimson Lights.

I agree. Those bumpers are well-photographed -- cinematic lighting! I would love them in the opening. It's too bad that three-quarters of the characters featured in the bumpers, I couldn't care less about. I mean, Chloe & Kevin? Really? Talk about one of the WORST, chemistry-free pairings of the MAB era.

• Members

After bitching about the current state of Y&R, I just watched the cocktail party at Victor and Nikki's new place and -- I thought it was a really solid episode! I didn't FF once. Yes, Nikki looked like she was trying out for Nashville and everybody were major cows to Sharon but they played a lot of the beats, including Nick calling his parents and Fauxtoria out on their attitude.

Don't know what to make of Ignacio Serrachio but he didn't dominate the episode so whatevs.

The end of the episode -- yes, Shadam. Everybody here is hating it and I get that. It is a soapy touch, though, something this show has really been lacking.

The directing was really tight, too. Owen Renfroe directed the episode. Yes, another GH transplant but I *really* rated him on GH. He directed a lot of the Carly & Lorenzo stuff waaaay back in Tamara Braun's day and it always looked and flowed seamlessly.

Honestly it IS so simple because those flowers (flowers!) made Y&R look somewhat expensive and lush. It really seemed to denote the rarified wealth in Genoa City.

• Members

I agree that the penthouse set is overly lit - a little moodiness would go a long way.Also it is a tad small.When the wait staff were milling around,they had to squeeze between the guests and the furniture.

I'm surprised that with all the backstage changes that William Hulstrom has been in the position of set decorator all those years. Maybe some new blood is needed there.

• Members

Oh my goodness, yes this is a horrible storyline. I really can't get into it, because Sharon has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, and Adam is trying to be the hero. I know they have a pretty big fan base, but I never liked them together after what he did taking Faith. IMO, Adam is nothing but TROUBLE!

Archived