Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

DAYS: December Discussion Thread

Days of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#41 SalemPlace

SalemPlace

Recurring

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

No, i mean thats what i am loving the most.

I have no idea if she is falling for brady or using him to get to marlena. or both. i would guess both at this point, honestly. but i really want to know what her main motivation is.

I agree. The thing I find most intriguing is trying to figure out what she is up to. It's not clear right now. Kristen really is interesting to me and I'm loving her return. She's the best part of the show for me right now. I am however aware that that isn't saying much.... Posted Image

#42 rlj

rlj

Contract

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

At this moment, it seems TPTB dont seem to be all up in James Scott's arse ;ole previous regimes as we are hardly seeing EJ, and I aint complaining LOL!

#43 Ira

Ira

Contract

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

What I actually think could be a hotter story to really give Marlena something to get tilted over, is Kristen/Brady just using each other for sex. She finds out, confronts Brady/Kristen, they say what it is and she's mum on it to John and then Brady/Kristen keep having sex behind closed doors. THEN working at the church, Kristen develops actual feelings for Eric, he starts to stray from his collar -- they end up having sex and Marlena sees THAT. Then she's really in for a spin. Also, Kristen involved in an Eric/Brady triangle would send Nicole up the wall -- Chloe too, once she comes to town and she and Nicole could team up against Kristen to expose her. Imagine Marlena having to side with Nicole and Chloe.

At any rate, more exciting to me than a Marlena/Kristen fight over her sleeping with Brady at the moment is the potential (I hope) scene where Victor tells Kristen to stay the hell away from his grandson.

Edited by Ira, 05 December 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#44 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,051 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

OMG to the bitter end, Billie still just randomly pops up in the middle of episodes...lol

#45 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,559 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Marlena finds out about Brady/Kristen already???? WHAT!? Not only that, she does NOTHING???

And I don't understand why Will isn't telling Sonny. It's not like he cheated on him. This "build up" to Sonny finding the truth is not exciting at all. That's what I got to look forward to?

#46 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,685 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

And I don't understand why Will isn't telling Sonny. It's not like he cheated on him. This "build up" to Sonny finding the truth is not exciting at all. That's what I got to look forward to?

"Hey hunnie, i knocked up my bestfriend when i was still pressed about being gay. But its cool, we are passing it off as Nicks. So, what are we doing tonight?" Yeah i see why he isnt telling lol. And the buildup is just starting, so im not sure how it can be not worth it. Will lying to Sonny is huge.

This is one of those stories I am completely willing to put my questions about side though, ill admit that. I think its rediculous Will isnt more against this and not sure at first given this happened to him growing up. But the reason ill give them the free pass on these issues is because will, sonny, gabi, nick and chad all needed a story and some damn direction and they finally got it with this. I love all the secrets - we have will and sonny both still needing to find out what gabi did, abby too for that matter. we have sonny/chad/everyone needing to find out will is the dad. we have sami, lucas, rafe, caroline, hope all up in this story. it plays on wills history. theres so many dynamics this story creates and i dont mind giving a soap a free pass on contrived plots if its worth it, and so far this is worth it. My biggest complain is actually Abby. Why is she not all over this story? Nick, Will and Sonny are all her cousins. She and gabi are friends. Chad is her ex. She needs to be in this and Sonny and her should team up to find out some truths.

#47 will81

will81

Recurring

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

The Kristen/Brady thing works for me because it seems more realistic. People in real life have an attraction to someone and sleep with them straight away, then often end up in a relationship. Brady isn't deluded (entirely) he asked Kristen if they could just see where it is going. None of this I love you after a couple of dates and kisses.

They have too much sexual chemistry not to jump into bed straight away. This is a very different kind of relationship and I like it. I hope it gets more twisted.

Honestly I would love it if they fell in love and she corrupted him enough so they could wreak havoc on Salem together. I don't want Brady to be another John who is too dumb to see what Kristen is doing. Show Brady fall so deeply in love with Kristen that he initially tries to justify her actions and eventually just goes to the dark side.

As for Will and Sonny, they already seem to be in a rut. They definitely needed more romance, more calm before the storm. They should have had more build up and they need more soap romance. The old style OTT stuff.

I don't mind the storyline, but Chad seems to be the only one awake at the moment. Give me more conflict with Nick and Will. Show me Will feeling more torn about telling Sonny, and make Sonny so irresistible that I feel bad for him and Will.

Show me Gabi wanting nothing more than to be loved and wanted, wanting that from Will and accepting it from Nick instead, show me Gabi siding with Will initially until Nick gets to her. Something more alive. Something that ends in Gabi and Will hating each other and fighting for custody of the baby. I need more conflict.

Edited by will81, 06 December 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#48 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image

What was up with Sami's hair? It feels as if the ghost of Colleen Brady has possessed her

#49 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,577 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Marlena finds out about Brady/Kristen already???? WHAT!? Not only that, she does NOTHING???

Once again, DAYS saw it was heading in the direction of drama; and once again, DAYS turned tail and ran.

If this show is cancelled next year, I won't be a bit surprised.

#50 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Great show yesterday

#51 sungrey

sungrey

Longing for a return to the old DAYS.

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks! Though I'm not a Kristen/Brady fan, if you give me the right beats, right pacing, and something I could look forward to, I can get on board with the story. Right now, I'm not on board with it.

I like it, but Days will screw it up. Then they'll fire Eric, Eileen, and about 10 other people. (Can you tell I don't trust this writing or production team to do the right thing? lol)

#52 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,577 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I like it, but Days will screw it up. Then they'll fire Eric, Eileen, and about 10 other people.

Same.

#53 sungrey

sungrey

Longing for a return to the old DAYS.

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Many will disagree, but I don't think Tomlin and Whitesell are the best team for this show. I don't want to sound too bitter, but I miss a lot of my favorite characters. I like WilSon and the twist with "Bristen", but otherwise nothing grabs me on this show. And don't get me started about Bo being "in the other room". lol

#54 psychofan

psychofan

#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!!

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I almost salivate when I think of how this Kristen story would be executed if JER were still writing. Every beat would be hit!

#55 marlenafan

marlenafan

Recurring

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I almost salivate when I think of how this Kristen story would be executed if JER were still writing. Every beat would be hit!

OMG! YES!!

#56 marlenafan

marlenafan

Recurring

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Was I the only one who got hot and bothered when EJ and Eric shared a scene together? Can someone say, EJERIC? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 SoapSurvivor

SoapSurvivor

Recurring

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

This is the point where Marlena stops playing into Kristen's hands. At this point as far as we know Kristen hasn't had to scheme. She expects Marlena to tell. At the end of today's show Marlena gave her that look like "I got your number bitch"!!! And I loved it!

#58 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Deirdre and Eileen are a treat to watch.

#59 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

It's forced drama. They want people to cry for Will and the agony of it all, without ever making people care about Sonny/Will in the first place.

I think the story would have worked better if Sonny was Will's friend, and knew about all this from early on, and wanted Will to stand up for himself and his rights as a father. Then maybe Will would fall for him over time.

#60 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

OMG, we're back to this Jennifer/Daniel/Nicole triangle? WHYYYYYY?????

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Days of Our Lives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users