DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree. While Eric might have been interesting in going after Marlena, I think this is a much better way to go about the story. Going after Eric is explicitly "I'm screwing with Marlena" and he wouldn't go for it. Brady's got a dark side and he's ripe for this. I mean, if Kristen really went after his dad again I'm sure he wouldn't think twice about throwing her in a sarcophagus...

• Members

There is no love in this show. I LOL when Gabi said she was in love with Nick. When exactly did that happen?? Have they even been together for 3 months??

Daniel and Jennifer are just ewwwww...how long has Jack been gone?? And Daniel professes his love for Jennifer again because Mom tells him too....blah

Kristen and Brady...wow lust but thats about it.

Am i missing anything else??

• Administrator

They should've just kissed today and not have sex. Then for the rest of December you could've had the tension, the confusion, "this is wrong," "what am I thinking?", show them fighting their feelings, put them in situations where they grow closer. Give them fantasies, daydreams. Show the temptation. It's the holiday season, a perfect time for romance. On Christmas, they can exchange gifts, or one of them does something grand for the other. Then at the New Years's Eve party, they can't contain their feelings and emotions any longer. They finally give into their temptations. Then for the month of January, they keep things on the down low while seeing each other. There are close calls of John and Marlena almost catching them together. Then during February sweeps, there's a Valentine's Day party. Brady/Kristen are caught together by Marlena! There's your Friday, February 15 cliffhanger. That Monday is President's Day (some people get the day off, right?) and you can get more people to watch that huge episode.

And now they're thinking of getting married!

Will/Sonny got together in a short time without any storyline.

• Members

I am loving Brady & Kristen far more than I thought I would, as I thought eric was a better choice for her. But man, they really work and EM/ED have grreat chem and can play many different sides of a relationship already in such a short time. This whole storyline has been wonderful.

• Administrator

Which is sad. sad.png

Thanks! smile.png

Kristen/Brady hooking up should've been treated as a huge deal but it was basically treated like Gabi/Nick who just have known each other for the same amount of time Brady/Kristen do before they had sex. Brady over hears Kristen's confession and that automatically makes him want to have sex with her? Huh?? That's what makes him cross the line? And what is Kristen's perspective? Maybe we should know her motivation. Is she wanting to be with Brady to get back at John/Marlena? If so, maybe show her seducing Brady, making Brady fall for her. Make it a seduction storyline: they get stuck together somewhere, things are getting hot, clothes start coming off, there's tension.......it's Brady's forbidden fruit, Kristen's long con. I can go along with the idea of it but the execution and pacing and motivations are all wrong right now. I just don't see how this is a good storyline. Them being "hot" and having "chemistry" is not considered a good storyline for me.

• Members

The two have had sexual tension for a month now, and a lit since the mugging and all of that. I really dont think a month is too fast for sex, and i know plenty of people who move even faster than that (same goes for gabi/nick actually, some ask what couple says i love you after two weeks and i say ill show you couples who moved in together after a week!)

As for Kristens motives, for me thats what that is all about. Thats why it is a good story, thats why i am interested in this. I dont know what her motives are and i love that. I dont want to know yet. I want to wonder. This could go a lit of different ways. Plus i love what it leads to, thats in the promo and the spoilers for the next few weeks.

• Administrator

But you're comparing that to real life couples. I don't want to see real life couples. I want to see soap opera couples with soap opera pacing.

Well, you have an unfair advantage of knowing what's to come -- I'm just basing my opinions on what I'm seeing today, not on what I know is going to happen based on spoilers.

• Members

the slow burn of the 60's-90's has been gone for over a decade now and it isnt coming back. I would prefer it, but it isnt happening. Not on days, not on any soap, not anywhere it seems. I dont mind the fast pace either, as long as important beats are played and I feel they have been.

I dont know much more of whats to come other than whats in the promo. And i am not basing my liking it on that. i have liked it from the start before i knew anything at all about what was to come and i was really preprared to hate this. the promo for this week just added to it.

Archived