DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But seriously, has DAYS become so used to manufacturing supercouples that they don't bother to run chemistry tests anymore? Having Jennifer declare her love for Daniel on some table does not automatically generate "heat" between the two. If anything, this just makes her look more unhinged than ever.

Really, I can't even defend keeping her on the show at this point. Bitch needs to go. Now.

• Members

Jen: I love you with all my heart...and I mean that literally.

Jen: Before I met you, I never knew what love meant. In my cherished family photo albums, I cut off all the faces of those men - even the one with the Michael Bolton hair who thought he could dance - because there has only ever ever been you. I cut off Melissa's face too, because she's kind of a bitch.

Jen: I have actually killed my children and buried them in the backyard because they were not of your sperm.

Jen: Daniel bless you, Daniel.

• Members

Happy to provide ;) Watching these damned shows is increasingly becoming a chore.

IMO if MR can't commit to her character, she should've left after the Jason Brooks fiasco and never looked back.

Personally, I think a huge part of DAYS' problem is that they barely use the talent they DO have, and the ones they use they overuse so much. They really would do well to weave in some under-fives and see how the audience reacts to them. Brian is one character they should've kept around and fleshed out.

To be fair, Jennifer drives ME to want to smother her with a pillow, so she'll probably get off scot-free.

• Members

Maggie and Jennifer's scene about Daniel were some of my favorite in a long time, actually.

I once really liked Daniel & jennifer, the first go around. This time though, i am not feeling it and Nicole adds nothing. Daniel, much as i like SC, needs to go because he is just not a viable character. Jennifer isnt much better and I could care less if she stays or go, and actually Adrienne plays a role jennifer should much better than Jen does, so just write them off together. However, they should take the issues Abby has with Nicole and have her butt into the eric/nicole story.

Abby seems lost as a character and I do not get it. I mean, her cousin nick is marrying her friend gabi whos pregnant by abbys others cousin will who is dating yet another cousin, sonny. And shes nowhere in this story basically. However I do really like the way Days has brought in Hope, Sami, and Rafe.

Days is boring, but im interested in it. So i am still watching for now. Plys to me the ej/sami/rafe triangle feels fresh again, thats nice.

• Members

While I don't necessarily disagree that Missy hasn't been the same since her 2010 return, I think her work from '00-'06 was fantastic and highly underrated. She does seem to have lost her 'spark,' which was so unique in contrast to that 'quiet sadness' thing she always had goin' on. It does feel like these days, it's all sad, sad, sad or unsympathetically angry/agitated. I think she did amazingly well during the tribute to Frances Reid, though--she and Bryan Dattilo really stole the show then, IMO. (And I'm not the biggest BD supporter.) I'm not making excuses, but in addition to this being more of paycheck rather than craft thing now, maybe Missy's been unable to adjust to the shooting schedule . . . maybe lack of preparation really f's her.

But in comparison to the serial's other two vet leading ladies , Kristian Alfonso & Dee Hall . . . ummmmm. (And I think it's fair game to compare, this being an ensemble show and all.) Kristian has presence and can be very likeable, but she's never been too impressive to me and relies too heavily on theatrics (and Judi Evans & Mary Beth Evans do this WAY better than her). And Dee is a HOT MESS--since her '11 return, I'm constantly cracking up during her scenes, and she's not trying to be funny. And those two do not catch too much flack around here. Missy Reeves always has been a far superior actress to them (at least IMO) and has never quite received the same recognition and catches a lot more heat.

Maybe I have too much of a soft spot for Jenn and Missy's portrayal, but I have a knee-jerk reaction to defend her! tongue.png

Dan & Jenn, though . . . I am not prepared to critique them right now, there is too much to say, mostly bewilderment.

• Members

KA is in desperate need of a story. I wonder how long they can shuffle Hope around without Bo there and not really address things. Having him be in the other room would work if PR was at least recurring but as it stands, his absence is glaring and it will eventually take its toll on her character.

• Members

It was Sonny, but seriously, it was about time one of the other teen/twenty-something's (however old they're all supposed to be, it changes all the time!) found out. While it disturbs me that a seemingly progressive team is treating unplanned pregnancy this way, I am ok enough with Nick/Gabi/Will/Sonny's standard soap story . . . but I haven't understood either why Chad & Abby aren't ALL over the place here . . . or why the relationships aren't better defined and showcased more in this age group--they're so intertwined and have so much potential! And ITA with beebs that the use of recurring characters can be very effective, and someone like Brian sorta looming about would up the ante in this plot to give Will a reason to actually be worried.

• Members

Patsy Pease said in her WLS interview that she is glad not to be on-contract with the show anymore because she saw how many of her colleagues had sacrificed enthusiasm and heart for a mere paycheck; and I think DH, KA, and MR more than prove her point.

Archived