Things that happened in Daytime that Primetime isn't ready for or can't handle!

• Members

I thought this would be an interesting topic because I read that Irna wanted to do a story on LIAMST about a botched abortion back in 68'. Although she never did that story are there any stories that Daytime actually did that Primetime may not be able to handle or accomplish?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Irna managed to tell the botched abortion story twice. First was on Another World with Patricia Matthews becoming pregnant by Tom Baxter and diagnosed barren after her abortion led to a life threatening infection. On Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, Terry Andrews died from a botched abortion. The story CBS denied Irna was an interracial romance between a white male and Asian female, and regrettably, heretofore, Asian characters have been even more underrepresented than African Americans in daytime.

• Members

Mine is a reversal. The best storyline
EVER
was during the 1985-86 storyline on
Dallas
when the whole damnned thing was Victoria Principal (Pam's) dream. Why hasn't a daytime soap opera been this courageous? Do shows ever and that includes
Twin Peaks, Friday Night Lights or even
The Walking Dead
as big as huge and epic as
Dallas?
I am tuning out, the best soap opera on TV these days,
The Walking Dead
comes on in two hours with their middle-of-the season cliff-hanger. This is the show where it's at.

Principal.jpg

Archived