Tie in Books on Soaps

• Members

Not the same thing, but I do also own the three (maybe there are more?) romance novel adaptations of AMC--divided by characters as well as one for OLTL. Back when I actually thought I was an actor, I did a regional production of Forum here in BC, and a bunch of us went as a sorta joke to a thrift shop looking for clothes--and they screamed out to me. I haven't actually read more than a few pages of any of them (and yet, couldn't bring myself to throw them out when I moved.)

Those are them. The AMC ones actually have Agnes Nixon in huge letters on the cover, and then underneath say "A novel by Rosemarie Santini"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How brilliant would that have been. Shoot, if I was Agnes Nixon and bored, I'd self-publish character diaries/short stories. It of course gets more involved when you're dealing with ABC owned characters, but I bet a lot of her fans would support anything she put on paper. She has that great website, it would be so nice if she had a blog of short fiction.

• Members

I found "The Man from Oakdale" at a used book sale at my university's library. I haven't read it yet, but I still don't quite understand what the book is supposed to be. It was tied into the show as being anonymously written by one of the characters because it "exposed secrets" and what-not. I thumbed through the pages and saw mentions of Paul Ryan (Zzz), but I don't know if the story in the book is based on the show's backstory or if its original BS.

• Members

From Wikipedia

Faith Baldwin (October 1, 1893 – March 18, 1978) was a very successful U.S. author of romance and fiction, publishing some 100 novels,[1] often concentrating on women juggling career and family. The New York Times said that her books had "never a pretense at literary significance" and were popular because they "enabled lonely working people, young and old, to identify with her glamorous and wealthy characters."[

Variety August 13th 1969

The "Edge of Night", the longrunning CBS soaper, has been paperbacked by its writer, Henry Slesar. First of what is hoped to be a series is "The Seventh Mask" published by Ace Publishing

• Members

I ordered both books from Amazon too only to have the orders cancelled as well. I emailed Source Books and they replied by saying "we have no plans to release the books currently". Somebody at the Days Diva Blog said communications broke down with Source Books and Corday. And that was the reason, IDK. I'm really disappointed that both books apparently aren't going to get released. I think the Bo and Hope book would have been the first of it's kind to get a release. I don't think there has been a book out solely devoted to a soap opera couple? I know Luke & Laura had a couple of VHS tapes out solely devoted to them but I don't think a book was ever released back then. Hopefully Sheri will find someway to get the third book (Scandal In Salem) released even if she has to put it up online, at least we'd know the end of the story. You would think Walmart would be interested in selling these types of books. Amazon did put up a brief pre-release cover of the Bo and Hope book then quickly took it down when they noticed that they misspelled Kristian Alfonso's name. Here's what it looked like-------

http://i48.tinypic.com/21m6u05.jpg

Archived