Your Top 10 Favorite Soap Women - And Why!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sami Brady - I have loved her for as long as shes been on days. I was a kid when she returned and I always rooted for her in all her schemes and plots. I wanted her to get Austin from her annoying saint of a sister. I wanted her to ruin John and Marlena. I loved her mixing it up with people like Kristen and Vivian. I always loved her going at it with Kate and Nicole. Even from 2005-Now when her character has been all over the place, ive always been on her side. When the show is so bad i cant watch any longer, shes the reason i give it another shot.

Amanda Corey (Sandra Ferguson) - When soapnet picked up AW and i started watching it, she hooked me. I vaguely remember liking her in the final months of the show when I would catch it on NBC. Through soapnet, aol, and hulu I came to really love her and wish I could see up until she left. She was a heroine, but she wasn't a saint. Her relationship with her mom was rocky at times but loving. She and Sam were great but I also loved her with Evan. And her rivalry with Iris and dynamic with Carl were fantastic.

Elizabeth Webber - One the first epsiodes of GH i remember watching was her coming to town. I would always tune in when I could to see what she was doing and then when her rape happened GH became must see daily for me. Her and Lucky were a fairy tale romance and I loved that when he died she picked up and moved on. I wasnt a fan of his return or the couple either until GV came on. I always felt like Liz felt responsible for taking care of lucky, obligated to. That she did love him once but stopped being in love with him when he died in the fire and I was happy to see GH kind of go there until JJ returned and she was trashed to prop him. I have seriously loved almost all her pairings tho, Lucky, Jason, Zander, Ric, even Ewne recently and wanted her with Jason. I love her fights with Carly and Liz and complicated relationship with Sam. Her friendships with Emily and Robin always felt real. She is what has kept me with GH much like Sami does with Days.

Lauren Fenmore

Steffy Forrester

Maxie Jones

Billie Reed

Reva Lewis

Maggie Horton

Babe Carey

• Members

1. Drucilla Winters: She's the Don Diva! Loved her the day I set my eyes on her. No posessed style, attitude, and pizazz like Dru. Just fierce.

2. Holly Lindsay: Sexy, strong, and smart. Plus, it helped that she is 1/2 of my fave triangle with Ed & Roger.

3. Carly Tenney: A screw up but I love her. Never meant to harm anyone, and only aspired to have better than what she grew up with.

4. Vicky Hudson: see Carly

5. Rachel Cory: Favorite matriarch as she possesed grit and wasn't too saccherine. She'll get dirty if need to

6. Sharon Newman: Hate how they write her now but I'll always have love for my girl from the wrong side of the tracks, who found her prince.

7. Lisa Grimaldi: A snarky busy body and the original vixen of soaps. Gotta love Lisa!

8. Kim Hughes: Like Rachel, Kim wasn't too syrupy sweet. She possessed grit and would let her claws out if need be.

9. Toni Burrell

10. Michelle Bauer

• Members

1. Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow), DOOL

2. Billie Reed (Julie Pinson and Lisa Rinna), DOOL

3. Jennifer Horton (Melissa Reeves), DOOL

4. Kelly Cramer (Heather Tom, then Gina Tognoni), OLTL

5. Marty Saybrooke (Susan Haskell, then Christina Chambers), OLTL

6. Skye Quartermaine (Robin Christopher), GH

7. Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig and Sabine Singh), AMC

8. Kate Howard (Megan Ward! but I can sometimes handle Kelly Sullivan), GH

9. Babe Carey (Amanda Baker), AMC

10. Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst), GH (she'd rank higher if Guza didn't do what he did from '07 till his firing!)

And there're so many runners up!--Viki and Dorian (OLTL), pieces of Kendall and Bianca (AMC), Tracy Q, Nicole Walker, Greta von Amburg, Brooke English, Marcy Walker's Liza Colby, etc.

• Members

1) Carly Tenney (Maura West) ATWT

2) Stephanie Forrester (Susan Flannery) B&B

3) Lucinda Walsh (Elizabeth Hubbard) ATWT

4) Angelique (Lara Parker) DS

5) Sheila Carter (Kimberlin Brown) Y&R/B&B

6) Barbara Ryan (Colleen Zenk Pinter) ATWT

7) Rachel Davis (Robin Strasser) AW

8) Lily Snyder (Nartha Byrne) ATWT

9) Margo Hughes (Hillary B. Smith) ATWT

10)Nicole Travis (Maeve McGuire) EON

• Members

In alpha order:

1) Mary Kay Adams (ex-India, GUIDING LIGHT; ex-Neal, AS THE WORLD TURNS; ex-Death, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

2) Lisa Brown (ex-Nola, GL; ex-Iva, ATWT)

3) Jane Elliot (ex-Linda, A FLAME IN THE WIND; Tracy, GH/THE CITY; ex-Judy, KNOTS LANDING; ex-Carrie, GL; ex-Cynthia, ALL MY CHILDREN; ex-Anjelica, DAYS)

4) Sharon Gabet (ex-Raven, EDGE OF NIGHT; ex-Brittany, ANOTHER WORLD; ex-Melina, OLTL)

5) Maureen Garrett (ex-Holly, GL; ex-E.J., RYAN'S HOPE)

6) Elizabeth Hubbard (ex-Anne, GL; ex-Carol, EON; ex-Althea, THE DOCTORS; ex-Estelle, OLTL; ex-Lucinda, ATWT)

7) Lenore Kasdorf (ex-Rita, GL; ex-Veronica, DAYS; ex-Caroline, SANTA BARBARA)

8) Susan Lucci (ex-Erica, AMC)

9) Maeve Kinkead (ex-Angie, AW; ex-Vanessa, GL)

10) Beverlee McKinsey (ex-Martha/Julie, LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING; ex-Emma, AW; ex-Iris, AW/TEXAS; ex-Alexandra, GL)

Honorable Mentions: Nancy Addison Altman (ex-Kit, GL; ex-Jillian, RH; ex-Marissa, AMC; ex-Deborah, LOVING), Margaret Colin (ex-Paige, EON; ex-Margo, ATWT), Nancy Lee Grahn (ex-Beverly, OLTL; ex-Julia, SaBa; Alexis, GH), Hillary B. Smith (ex-Kit, DOCTORS; ex-Margo, ATWT; ex-Nora, OLTL)

• Members

The Kane Women - I love them as individuals and as a unit. I admire the sub-relationships among the three of them (Kendall/Bianca, Kendall/Erica, Bianca/Erica) & how each pair got through their tough times together. Their relationships together when AMC ended, after many ups & downs, were really strong & I find that commendable (though I actually wouldn't have minded some angst). Though i wasn't that interested in Erica's love life (I enjoyed the more business/glamorous side to her character), she's the Queen and couldn't possibly be exempt from my faves list. Bianca's saccharine-natured, courageous personality has always endeared me and I loved both Actresses portayals. As for Kendall Hart Slater - I mean do I really need to repeat myself about her here, guys laugh.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Chloe Lane - Minus that unfortunate prostitute arc, I really admire her story overall and how she's grown as a character since she started on the show. I've always loved Nadia Bjorlin and think she adds a pleasant charm to DAYS whenever present.

Annie Lavery - The ultimate nut who you couldn't help but adore & root for. She was fun, hilarious, and pretty much NEVER boring once Greenlee whisked back into town. MCE played her flawlessly.

Steffy Forrester - Moreso her portrayer, JMW. She is so awesome & sexy in the role I can barely stand it. I think Steffy is tolerable because of her. I really can't imagine taking too well to anyone else playing this bitch. LOL

Sami Brady - Pretty much the root of what JackPeyton said. I always find myself pulling for her no matter what. Her story's the last few years have been a MESS but I'm still always on her side & genuinely interested in what's going to happen next in her crazy complex life, and how she's going to deal with it. I love Ali Sweeney's portrayal so much.

Claudia Zacchara - I was instantly intrigued by her character because of how protective & close she was w/her brother (ugh, I mean son) Johnny. I loved her entitled mob princess mentality. I thought she & the rest of her family made the mob on GH fun & actually interesting to watch. Her rivalry with Olivia will always be my favorite ever. SJB was badass in the role 'til the end.

Brooke Logan - She's pure drama & entertainment. I'm always looking forward to the next scandal she'll bring to the show. I think KKL is phenomenal.

• Members

These rankings mean nothing...but I love all of these women. Although I do typically love the crazies (Jan Spears, Helena, etc.), I tried to pick ones who I actually did root for and truly care about.

1. Gwen Hotchkiss (PASSIONS)

As crazy as it is, I always loved Gwen. I didn't agree with everything that she did, but at the same time I understood her. I also loved both Liza Huber and Natalie Zea's portrayals. They both had the character very figured out. As much as I love JER, I hate what he did to the character in the last few years of the show. She went from being understandable to straight up evil, making the storyline with Ethan and Theresa very on-sided. Still, I enjoyed watching her and to this day, I think she is the character that I miss the most.

2. Carly Leigh Jacks (GH)

She is one of Guza's pets that I never minded she was his pet. I have loved all four actresses in the role and have always been on Carly's side for essentially everything, even from when she first came to town.

3. Sami Brady (DAYS)

Although I'm not too keen on the watered down Sami that we've seen since about 2007, 90's Sami Brady is one of my favorite soap characters of all time. The ultimate conniving bitch. And no one can get into a screaming match or go off on someone quite like Alison Sweeney!

4. Gwen Munson (ATWT)

While most ATWT fans circa 2005-2008 were whining about how overexposed Jennifer Landon was and how bored they were with Gwen, I loved her. It could be that I really was getting into ATWT for the first time when she came aboard, but I always identified with her and most of the time, she was my biggest reason for watching. I truly wanted to see her happy in her quest to have a child and career.

5. Phyllis Newman (Y&R)

Yes, I am one of the crazy people who enjoys Phyllis Newman. I love her when she's crazy, I love her when she's sane, I love her when she's a wife, I love her when she's a skank, and above all, I love her when she's a bitch! She's another character that I genuinely want to be happy and enjoy every step of her journey in life.

6. Sheila Carter (Y&R/B&B)

Does this one even need explanation? The ultimate soap villainess! I've loved every story involving her...even the 2005-06 return and yes, even Pheila! (Although I hate they didn't involve Kimberlin!)

7. Kristen Blake (DAYS)

She was the best thing about Days in the 90s and she's the best thing about it now. Daughter of Stefano who longs for happiness and to do good, but has no problem doing all the evil she needs to to accomplish it. Right there with Sheila...perfect villainess!

8. Kendall Hart (AMC)

Always loved the character...from SMG to Alicia Minshew. Both actresses brought the fire that the character needed. The worthy daughter of Erica Kane! (Loved Bianca too!)

9. Carly Tenney (ATWT)

Just another of those flawed bitchy divas that I love. Maura West portrayed her flawlessly, no matter the material she was given...though I usually liked that too.

10. Tracy Quartarmaine (GH)

How could I not mention this one? Love everything about her bitchy-yet-soft-hearted and independent character.

• Members

I always seem to like the "B" players the most. I'm not good with names and I am too lazy to look them up -- some of you will know and some won't care.

Maggie -- Days Hope the writers give SR a great story before we all retire -- let her strut her stuff as only she can.

Ada -- AW

Aunt Liz -- AW

Jill -- Y&R

Julie -- Days

Isabella -- Days

Felicia -- AW

Brandy (Dixie Carter) -- Edge of Night

Martha Marceau (Terri Keane) -- that one I remember -- Edge of Night

and

Katherine Chancellor -- Y&R

• Members

I'm liking you more & more :)

#1 Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall)

#1 Reva Shayne Lewis (Kim Zimmer)

and...

#3 Stephanie Forrester (Susan Flannery)

#4 Erica Kane (Susan Lucci)

#5 Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang)

#6 Hope Williams Brady (Kristian Alfonso)

#7 Annie Dutton (Cynthia Watros)

#8 Dinah Marler (Wendy Moniz)

#9 Victoria Lord (Erika Slezak)

#10 Phyllis Summers (Michelle Stafford)

Archived