Catfish: The TV Show

Eric83

• Members

Is anyone watching this? This show is hilarious!

Basically people who are dating someone online get set up to meet them and see if they were a fake. I can't believe anyone could be feeling for this in 2012 with Skype and Facetime. SMH!

Tonight's episode was sad/hilarious. It was an exotic dancer thinking she was talking to another dancer with a nice body in Atlanta. He turned out to be some big slob who was pushing 40 who lived not even 20 minutes away.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG!! You don't know how hard I died laughing at this statement laugh.pnglaugh.png

I like this show too. It's HYSTERICAL. It makes me wonder about the random people I used to talk to on MySpace a few years ago when I was like 12/13 years old. LOL. I'm cringing just thinking about it now. When I was in 6th/7th grade (AKA when MySpace was the sh!t), me & my trackmates used to add as many people on there as we could and we always thought we were awesome talking to all these hot girls & cool guys across the country and whatnot. OMG, just no. I can barely stand to think about who those scavengers really were.

The latest episode was great. Did anyone elses heart drop when Nev looked up "Lee Avent" and that old man's face popped on the screen? LMAO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yep. I only half-watched the ep while doing other stuff, but I believe he actually was who he said he was. Like, he and the girl had been talking online for 10 years, and she'd seen tons of pictures of him early when they were still in high school, but he just stopped sending them as he gained more and more weight.

This show just reinforces why online dating is NOT my kinda party!

• Members

Oh wow! I have a friend of a friend who started talking to me in the summer. We got pretty close and out of nowhere he came up with this online boyfriend (who claims to hear voices no less!) and suddenly he was in love and kicked me to the curb. I found it pretty hilarious, but they're still together and will finally meet in two weeks. I can't wait to see how his works out. On the phone his boyfriend sounds like an old man but is supposed to be 22. He calls him his Catfish and now I know why lol.

• Members

I only saw one episode, but I kinda had a similar opinion as I did with the movie--how much of it is real? I do have a friend who I met online under false pretenses--he sent me fake photos for about a year, and then when he found out I was going down to San Francisco and we actually might met he completely apologized and sent me his real photo. He wasn't a ridiculously fit, white model, but a slightly chubby (but cute) latino guy. He didn't think I'd ever want to meet him after that, but of course I did--he was still the same guy I'd been talking to, and it was great--he's come up here to Canada and visited as well. But we never really talked online about a love connection and maybe that makes a difference. (BTW the guy in my avatar is just an ugly pic I found online of someone I wish looked like me--I'm black and 400 pounds).

• Members

I just saw my first episode and it was about Kim and Matt. I was almost in tears when he was telling his story. I felt bad for the guy but Im glad things worked out for both of them. He seems like a sweet enough person and she has a good heart

I have to admit I was judging at first. I didnt get her saying she has been speaking to him online for 10 years, never saw him and thought he was her soulmate. I thought she was an idiot and thought she had no life but then revealed she's had relationships and is one so she wsnt holding back bc of this inline friendship. I really felt for her as well when she talked about her ex that was on drugs and died

Was surrpised to see the show is an hour bc I thought it would be a half. Now need to go check the others

• Members

Havent seen the recent show but saw the first two. Totally judging the first chick. I cant beleive she had been talking to this "guy" online for almost a year and was thinking marriage. Bitch had wedding books and everything! When we heard RJ's voice for the first time, IA with the guys bc it sounded like a 12 year old boys. That wasnt the first clue something was up? The lies were so over the top. Was NOT expecting some 18 year old lesbian to come out. That entire thing seemed like a setup bc its hard to believe smoeone can be that foolish

Stripper girl....I guess even strippers want love...lol. She seemed like a sweet person with a good heart

Im surprised with how the show is handling the "liars" for lack of a better term. Im surprised that they have them coming across sympathetic and they arent demonized

Archived