Your acceptance of recasts

• Members

Like cct, I accepted Robin Mattson and Alicia Minshew right off the bat. I was excited/intrigued by their characters' returns, and they both looked the part (yes, I know RM was in bandages).

I can't really think of any recasts I *never accepted jeal0002.gif * per se, but I have had problems reconciling the fact that two different actors were playing the same part. Like the case of the two Laurels on AMC, the two Irises on AW... Melody Anderson and Sabine Singh, these two I had to constantly do the mental math reminding myself of who they were "supposed to be".

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More on Days for me-

I instantly accepted JKJ back as philip, Heather Lindell as Jan, Brandon Bemmer as Shawn, Kate Mansi as Abby, Lauren Koslow as Kate - of course.

I accepted Martha Madison as Belle after years, but only sort of. Id love Belle to return recasted.

I never accepted Krista Allen as Billie.

Over at B&B i hated the first bridget recast after JF left, but i loved Ashley as bridget.

I instantly accepted JMW as Stefy.

I never accepted JT as Rick or KL for that matter.

I still dont accept the thomas recast.

I loved HB's Craig. Though, I had no previous connection to the show let alone the character of Craig.

• Members

I prefer Judith Chapman instanstly over Joan Van Ark as Gloria

as well as the current new Billy

It took me a few months to get into Michael Muhney's version of Adam.

I have yet to get used to Ameila as Victoria. Heather Tom is the only Victoria for me.

Never Accepted

1. Shari Shattuck as Ashley Abbott

2. Tammin Sursok as Colleen Carlton

3. Maura West as Diane Jenkins

4. Jennifer landon & Eden Riegel as Heather Stevens

5. Darius McCrary as Malcolm Winters

6. Adam Lazarre-White as Nathan Hastings

• Members

Oh God, don't get me to crying... I was at school that day and my mom described that scene to me and she was tearing up! :lol:

I miss All My Children. :( Particularly, *that* AMC, those kinds of moments.

I primarily watched AMC growing up, I didn't begin to really follow other soaps until the '90s, so I knew a lot of recasts of famous performers first. I knew Beverlee McKinsey's reputation before I knew her work. I loved this Marj Dusay person and I thought it was such a cool coincidence when I discovered that she replaced Beverlee McKinsey AND Carolyn Jones. So after a little tape trade, I learned that I loved BM's Alex and I got all the hype, both ladies were great in their own ways. (Same goes for Marj and Carolyn). Joan Collins is Joan Collins, you are tuning in to get that *Joan thang* unless she's doing something like Decadence, which is why she was dubbed Alexisandra on message boards. I loved her as I loved Joan in anything else, but I didn't enjoy her Alex more than Marj or Beverlee.

• Members

Her eyes were bandaged still, right? Half her face was covered, so you get a pass. tongue.png I missed much of Melody's run, must have been during the school year. I remember her very first day, and I remember the day she got in the accident... wasn't she harassed in her blindness in a Loving crossover story?

• Members

Well, I had not seen a lot of KC at that point, so I thought that was her. It's one of my main memories of Melody, along with that letter someone wrote to SPW very politely blasting them for their article which had belittled KC's Natalie as an ice queen and said Melody was much better because she was so sweet.

Archived