Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Members

I agree Brenda and Don had chemistry and I wanted them together in the early 90's. Though I think the writers kept Ashley and Brad out of each others orbits too long. Then the Shari recast happened. Then Bell left which really ruined things. By the time Eileen and Don got together on screen it was under a different writing regime who I never felt got Ashley right and didn't understand the passion the should have existed between Ashley and Brad. The coupling was boring on screen and they were not given enough importance.

What I'm saying is Eileen and Don had enough of a spark and attraction (they dated each other in the 80's) that the coupling could have worked if they had been given better material. Maybe Brenda and Don would have worked regardless of the material, but it is hard to say.

Great pic by the way, thanks for posting.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And just so you know, Brenda has agreed that if she gets the part and Eileen is fired from DAYS or it's cancelled and she wants to return, Brenda would gladly step aside. ;)

Maybe Eileen could play a recast Bobbie on GH. She looks more like Laura Wright than Jackie Zeman does.

I'd be all for something like this, but Marcy is WAY Too good of an actress to cast in a bit part like this. If she turns out to be Phyllis & Avery's mom, I'm cool with it. Or if she's a mother to a new cast member, then I'm for it. If she's gonna come back to daytime, I want to see her ACT, not recite weddings. And do you really thing the Y&R of today would properly use a youth minister? May as well bring back Traci!

Me too! Can someone link to the archive?

FURTHER proof that Brenda WANTS to come back as Ashley. I need that link so I can spread it around Twitter and the Web.

Well, she can't. DAYS is going to use her heavily, we want Ashley used heavily on Y&R, and SAG and AFTRA won't let her play 2 contract roles. Eileen needs to step aside, be grateful she has a job on a show that writes for and appreciates her, and back Brenda up as a recast, like she did in the late 80s. They have a friendship- Brenda WILL step aside if Eileen wants the part back and if Eileen really cared about Ashley, she'd like to have the role continue on with the other definitive actress who played the part.

Well Eileen needs to put Ashley first and give an out of work actress a chance. She pushed for Brenda in the 80s, no reason not to do that now. She was only fired because DAYS wanted her. Ashley was written for consistently in 2011 and some in 2012. I think the only thing that Eileen is afraid of is fans will fall in love with Brenda again and won't care whether she comes back.

Well tough sh!t. she has an acting job, Brenda doesn't, and the role is open. If she cares about Ashley, let her live on with an actress playing her that the fans adore.

• Members

Don & Eileen's Ashley had a TON of chemistry from her return until Lyndy's Colleen arrived.

After that Alden began to write them as the "stable" couple in the Abbott family & they were reduced to going under the bus for Victor & Nikki while being parents (when Traci & Steve weren't around) to Colleen by the time Brad & Olivia slept together Alden & Smith had pretty much ruined Brad & Ashley's relationship (to the point where Eileen wanted to quit).

Once Smith had Ashley trashing her whole relationship with Brad for Grambo & the Abby paternity reveal happened Brad & Ashley were done. Brad did NOTHING for months (until Amelia arrived) & Ashley was thrown into a hundred failed relationships (that Eileen was NOT happy about) until LML fired her.

• Members

I LOVED the Three-Way Ashley interview. I wanna hang out with all of these women (including Shari LOL). I love how they seem to know each other very well, which really surprise me.

Eileen seems so much more lively in real life than she does as Ashley to be honest, I know that's not her fault, but just thought I point that out.

Brenda is a hoot! as funny and friendly as she is beautiful, I believe she will return, I thought Shari seemed like a lot of fun too, I almost wish there was some other role that would have been a better fit for her, she seems like she has experience.

I thought the story of Brenda running into EB was soo funny, especially the way she describes how hot and sweaty she was and that she just jumped him.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK BRENDA!!!

P.S: I know Brenda said she only "thinks" she remembers a scene between them, I wanna see that scene of her as Ashley interacting with Sheila!!!!

• Members

i agree this is a very good picture. not nearly as pretty as davidson or epperson. but still she looks pretty 'in her own way.' i bet shechuk could have worked if they cast her as a villian in the vain of mary jo watson instead of an ashelt recast. i always wondered why epperson was let go. i figure a.) epperson pissed off bell or b.) bell painted himself into a corner and sacrificed ashely so he could play out more beats to the 'who shot victor storyline.'

• Members

At the time Brenda said she wanted to leave, and actually stayed on a few more years just because she was starting a family (she wanted to leave in 1994). I think Bell had lost most ideas for and inspiration for Ashley. I think he mostly saw her as Eileen.

Archived