Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Members

Exactly. Kelly went from THIS:

0157_1168d.jpg

To THIS:

davidson.jpg

Worst. Recast. Ever! Kelly went from being in her 20s to her 40s in record time!!!

Unfortunately, Carrington Garland has retired from acting and is an interior decorator in LA now. She auditioned for Y&R numerous times already, first as Mari Jo Mason, then as the re-cast Victoria Newman (which went to Sarah Aldrich that time).

Your guess is as good as mine but Ronn Moss was a pretty hot commodity back then on the Bell shows. I'm sure he had something to do with getting his wife cast. It wasn't just her looks I had a problem with, it was her voice, her mannerisms, her masculinity, everything about Shari was all wrong for Ashley.

I actually have told Brenda, and this is true, that she is the ONLY actress I'd have accepted as a re-cast Eden. While I think Marcy would be a solid Ashley, it's sort of a been there, done that kind of role for her to come out of retirement from. Ashley is really just a combination of Eden and Liza, so there'd be nothing new to play.

'Another Life'? Is that some sort of religious soap opera? Either way, I really believe there are only 2 things that would bring Marcy back to the acting world:

1. A revival of 'Santa Barbara'

2. Being able to work opposite A Martinez again

I think both A and Marcy would LOVE to work together one last time. Both have said as much

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well maybe it wasn't that they had no chemistry at all, but they certainly didn't have the electric kind of chemistry that Brenda & Don had. Sorry, but they didn't.

I stand by my statement that Ashley & Brad were supposed to be each other's endgame but neither one had one after they married Eileen's Ashley to Brad. Brenda's Ashley & Brad just oozed this sexual chemistry that Eileen & Don simply never had.

Sorry, but I waited ALL through the 90s for Brad & Ashley to get together and even suffered through Blade/Ashley, patiently waiting. And it never did. It was Bill Bell's style to make the fans wait but in this case, he waited so long that the actors both left the show (Brenda first) before he had the chance to fully capitalize on their chemistry. Instead, we just got this intensely sexy flirting for 9 YEARS. TORTURE!

121592up-fashion.jpg

Sadly, that's the ONLY pic I can find of Brenda & Don together (besides a still of the Y&R opening together)

• Members

Another Life was the longest-running syndicated soap (81-84), and aired on CBN. I don't think a religious soap today could be as relatively nondenominational and averse to ugliness as AL was (with some exceptions), but I still think if any of those ever come up again she'd be a good fit for a matriarchal or bitch-with-a-heart role.

• Members

Shari said that she wouldn't want to play Ashley again (thank god!), but Brenda said she'd love to play Ashley again, and Shari said she'd like Brenda to revisit playing Ashley with Eileen back at DAYS.

Though, Eileen still seems strangely protective of the character, going as far as saying she wished she could appears on DAYS and Y&R at the same time. You can tell she still considers Y&R as her "home soap."

• Members

I will give Shari some credit for talking about the show at all since it wasn't exactly a great run and her marriage to Moss is long gone (I did grow to tolerate her after she was with Cole...that's about it).

I can see why Eileen would always see Y&R as home. I just wish the show cared as much. Y&R stopped caring about Ashley a long time ago.

Archived