Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

I chatted with Ms. Epperson this past week and she's thrilled and humbled that fans still remember her and want her back . She encouraged us to call the studio, continue campaigning, and let TPTB know there is another Ashley out there that we'd LOVE to see back. She has tons of respect for Eileen and was NOT interested in returning the first time that ED was out & out fired without landing on her feet. She even said it was Eileen's role, she was sure she'd be back, and no way would she want to go after her job after that.

But she's CLEARLY more than ok with returning this time around. She's ready and if Josh Griffith is serious about writing for Ashley, they need to bring Brenda back. She admitted to not being a diva and contract negotiations would likely go smoothly on any and all money issues.

So can someone PLEASE post the CBS/Y&R contact info? Is Josh Griffith on Twitter? We need to make our voices heard to make this happen because she even said while she still has many friends in the cast & crew, nobody has bothered to call her and obviously, she's never worked with JFP and JG. She's such a delightful and down to Earth woman and 100% deserves a 2nd go-round on Y&R in light of Eileen's absence. She EVEN implied and all but said she'd step aside if DAYS ever let Eileen go and she wanted to return to Y&R. Talk about a class act.

And she's still STUNNING. Here's a pic she posted on her FB today:

Posted Image

CBS FEEDBACK PAGE: http://www.cbs.com/i...global_form.php

Josh Griffith (Y&R HW)
https://twitter.com/joshgriffith13

Angelica McDaniel
Senior Vice President of CBS Daytime --
https://twitter.com/AngelicaMcD

The Young and the Restless
C/O CBS-TV
7800 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036

[email protected]

Call CBS at 323.575.2345 and ask for the Y&R Comment Line

http://www.cbs.com/i...global_form.php

https://www.facebook...gandtheRestless

https://twitter.com/YandR_CBS

https://twitter.com/CBSDaytime

[Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
[email protected] and spe_corporate_communic[email protected]

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
[email protected]

Edited by juniorz1, 13 November 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#2 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing her back, but I think Ashley needs some time away, so I'm in no rush to see the character again for at least a year and a half.

I also don't know how interested the show/Sony is in having another actress play Ashley again (even though Brenda played the character already). Even though Ashley is off the show at the moment, they're still using pictures of Davidson as Ashley on Jack's Newman desk, and at the Abbot house.

I believe they still have to pay Davidson each time a pic of her appears on the show.

#3 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Greg, your Brenda love is pathetic/sickening...LOL....I joke of course sweet buddy....I liked Brenda as Ashley....I didnt even miss ED when Brenda was playing her. It would be nice to see her back on Y&R.

#4 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

It's not even close to my Mark Collier love. LOL Well, it's different than my Mark Collier love.

Still pissed that we'll never get a "Magic Mike" ATWT DVD it looks like. :(

#5 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

BTW...have you told Brenda about SON?? I am sure she knows about it. If she is visting the board as a guest....Hi Brenda....hehehehe

It's not even close to my Mark Collier love. LOL Well, it's different than my Mark Collier love.

Still pissed that we'll never get a "Magic Mike" ATWT DVD it looks like. Posted Image

Oh how could I have forgotten about your Mark Collier love?? hehehe.....thats more of a man crush..etc..etc....hehe

Maybe Mark Collier can appear in the sequel to the movie Magic Mike:)

#6 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've told her about SON and all the talk about her on here. I've given her the link and I'm sure she's lurked.

#7 Chris B

Chris B

Kylie!!

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Now that Eileen is successfully on DAYS, I'd definitely consider bringing Brenda back. She's they Ashley I grew up with, although I do associate the role more with Eileen. I never thought of her as a second rate recast, she was top notch and was a huge part of Y&R in the 90s. When they recast with Shari Shattuck, it killled Ashley.

#8 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ok will someone please PM me the Sony/Griffith/Phelps/Y&R/CBS contact info then? So I can edit it into my original post?

#9 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,161 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

I am not really expecting it but I'd love to see her return as Ashley. She's the only Ashley I ever cared about, and even though that Y&R is long gone, I at least might give a damn about the Abbott family again.

Anyway, I'm glad she knows she has fans here - she played the role for long enough that she deserved the recognition. Until I came here I sort of thought I was the only one who was a fan of her Ashley.

I hope she knows that some of her better scenes as Ashley have been going up on Youtube recently (some of this has been put in the Y&R articles thread).

#10 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Now that Eileen is successfully on DAYS, I'd definitely consider bringing Brenda back. She's they Ashley I grew up with, although I do associate the role more with Eileen. I never thought of her as a second rate recast, she was top notch and was a huge part of Y&R in the 90s. When they recast with Shari Shattuck, it killled Ashley.

Shari gave me nightmares.

#11 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'll never understand why Shari Shattuck was ever cast in this role after Brenda left, other than being married to Ron Moss at the time.

One of the strangest recasts I've ever seen.

#12 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I am not really expecting it but I'd love to see her return as Ashley. She's the only Ashley I ever cared about, and even though that Y&R is long gone, I at least might give a damn about the Abbott family again.

Anyway, I'm glad she knows she has fans here - she played the role for long enough that she deserved the recognition. Until I came here I sort of thought I was the only one who was a fan of her Ashley.

I hope she knows that some of her better scenes as Ashley have been going up on Youtube recently (some of this has been put in the Y&R articles thread).

Count me in as a fan too.

I'll never understand why Shari Shattuck was ever cast in this role after Brenda left, other than being married to Ron Moss at the time.

One of the strangest worst recasts I've ever seen.

Fixed!

#13 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ashley needs to go back to work in the Jabot lab. I don't think the character has been in the lab in YEARS. That was once such a huge part of her character.

#14 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Can you please link me? I'd love to watch.

Edited by juniorz1, 11 November 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#15 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Why does everyone hate Shari Shattuck so much? I'm just curious. Shattuck was playing Ashley when I first started watching and I didn't have a strong opinion on her either way.

#16 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Ashley needs to go back to work in the Jabot lab. I don't think the character has been in the lab in YEARS. That was once such a huge part of her character.

I agree. When Eileen first returned, she was in the lab all the time, wearing those damn glasses that I'd NEVER seen Ashley wear in the lab. Don't care if Eileen's Ashley wore them or if she was just trying to distinguish herself, they were so annoying. She'd take them on & off so much it was like the episode of "NewsRadio" where everyone is just counting how many time Dave picks up his coffee cup and puts it back down instead of paying attention to the meeting.

That's what I was like with those glasses. It was so distracting and not in character with the Ashley I'd been watching for a decade. DeeeDee, correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't count it out. This is the first time that the character has been free that Brenda is ready and willing to return. If TPTB took notice and understood how easily the fans would accept her (and how much cheaper she'd come than Eileen), I think they'd go for it. I'd LOVE to see her chem tested with Stephen Nichols. Too bad Don's Brad is gone. Now that's a GAPING hole that also needs to be filled honestly.

Seriously, the Y&R characters I miss most day to day are Brad, Drucilla, Brenda's Ashley, and Heather Tom's Victoria. Having any combination of them back would elevate Y&R enormously, though I can't see anyone but Brenda EVER returning. I'd love to see she & Nina Arveson return and have story together. That would give Doug Davidson story as well.

#17 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

YES!!!!! I'm praying that not far in the distant future that She will come back. I also have to agree that the show is still not up to par with what i hope the new regime would do, but then again it's difficult to clean up the big pile of mess Maria left. I still have my fingers cross that this will change over time.

Anyways they would first have to get rid of Tucker, I DO NOT want Ashley to go back to Tucker with Brenda in the role.

Second, as someone else said, yes indeed bring the iconic Jabot lab set back!!!!

Too bad that also Diana Barton retired from acting (she has her own cosmetics company out now....coincidence? LOL) cause i would have liked for them to bring back Mari Jo, and have her battle with Ashley again.

Edited by yr9190, 11 November 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#18 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

No to Brenda and Tucker...ewwww...they need to get rid of useless Tucker. Stephen needs to head back to Days.

#19 CSF

CSF

Classic Soap Fan

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

I always loved her as Ashley. Eileen Davidson played her so cold. Brenda Epperson gave her warmth and I loved her relationship with Victoria.

#20 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,161 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

yr/passnum has put up some September and October 1994 episodes that take place when Ashley confronted Mari Jo and Blade about the past they were hiding from her. I don't want to post all the clips, but here's one that's very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users