Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

When Did Soaps First Show Couples in Bed ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoapDope

SoapDope

Recurring

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

I know that bed scenes were around in the late 70's, but when did they first show couples in bed/making love ?

#2 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,882 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

I think Y&R was the first.

#3 FrenchFan

FrenchFan

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

I thought LIAMST had already done something like this before. I think I remember a promo from 1968 where Donna Mills was in bed.

#4 oakdalelover

oakdalelover

Classic CBS soap fan!

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I believe that NBC's How to Survive a Marriage which premiered in January 1974 could have been among the first.. I remember watching the first episode. It was quite controversial at the time.

http://en.wikipedia....vive_a_Marriage

Attempting to tell life from the point of view of women in a changing world, the show stirred controversy when the 90-minute opener had the first "nude" scene on American network television (the nudity was only implied, as both of the bodies were under bedsheets) between Larry Kirby and his mistress, Sandra. Larry and his wife Christine (nicknamed "Chris," played by Jennifer Harmon) soon divorced and while battling for custody of their daughter Lori, Chris entered the workforce. On Valentine's Day 1975, Chris and Larry remarried, and she then battled alcoholism.

Edited by oakdalelover, 11 November 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#5 SoapDope

SoapDope

Recurring

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I know that Laurie Brooks and Tom Selleck shocked viewers in 1974 or 75 when they took a sexy shower together. It was named the most erotic scene on daytime at the time. Jamie Lyn Bauer who played Laurie said she likes to tease Tom about it when they see each other. Bill Bell later said he regretted not keeping Tom on the show.

I wondered if love making scenes were shown on daytime in the late 60's after things with the sexual revolution broke out. Maybe 1968-1969 ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users