Soap Classic distribution license ending with ATWT and GL

• Members

Glad I'm not the only one. They obviously knew they would have to renew their license after a year--so more than a week or two of warning would have been nice. Maybe there was a change in concept for the company? I have no idea... While some have said it was due to low sales--obviously, by the high prices some are charging (for one or two of the only sets still available on Amazon marketplace) they did sell out their stock.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read on some other forum that they are still connected with digitizing the P&G library. Who knows if that's true--or forwhat purpose, but...

But I completely agree. While they never said they folded because of lack of sales (if anything, I would have imagined their sales surpassed most expectations), in the age of people being so media savvy (and this was an online group!) their lack of promotion still boggles my mind. I know hiring a PR person can be extra bucks, but if site like ew.com (and I don't mean Ent Weekly's print edition, but their blogs) will do posts and interviews with even less well known, private media releases and promote it, there seems no excuse. Oh well, I'm bitter--I have two sets and that's it and it's my own fault lol, but it is one of those situations where they had customers out there, and just didn't know how to handle them. (ie if they thought they might lose the license--announce a big October "Buy as Christmas present for the one you love" campaign, or--wow what a concept--market them as limited editions from the get-go which nearly always drives up the sales of cult shows).

• Members

I was very happy to buy everything SC produced for GL, squeaking in just under the wire with the last set. Does anyone know if there are going to be more classic GL DVD releases from the German distributor? Their first set was expensive but worth it to me to see Roger, Rita, and CB's Alan again! :)

• Members

I'm still kicking myself for waiting to put it on my Christmas list for others to buy... I should've snatched 'em all up when I had the chance :( I have 6 DVD sets, but there were many I didn't get a chance to get. Hopefully this will be resurrected and re-released. The demand is certainly there for these.

• Members

I got ATWT's Holden & Lily set and the James Stenbeck set, and I got GL's Jennifer Richards trial. I was really hoping to get GL's Reva collection, Phillip collection, and Bauer family collection. Alas, they had already sold out when hubby started making his holiday purchases for me :(

Archived