Soap Classic distribution license ending with ATWT and GL

• Members

I agree, I'm guessing sales weren't high enough to justify them renewing the contract on the soaps, but I wonder if they could've tried a different business model to make more money. I do think more sets geared towards recent stuff could've brought in money. A Nuke collection or Otalia collection (or an Olivia collection featuring Otalia) could've sold well. In general, the recent stuff is more familiar for the younger viewers who might not know the older ATWT or GL.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think newer episodes might have helped. I know everyone wanted many releases but if I remember it right, didn't they have to basically dig through tapes, convert it (or whatever the process is called), etc. That all takes time. I'm impressed they got as much out as they did.

I just bought the ATWT mulit-pack using the discount code.

• Members

I wish they had a set schedule of releases. More than once I saw people here and at other sites say "I love to get that set, but I can't afford it right now." If there was a schedule people would have known to save the money to order. Also those of us who got the disks right away, we paid at a premium, and those who waited got coupons. That was also a bit frustrating.

• Members

I think having a clearer pattern on combined purchases would have helped (I assume this was all on P&G). Only a few times did you get a discount if you wanted more than one purchase. You would have to wait for a coupon.

If they'd had more sales if they'd done more later stuff, then I would have said good, but selfishly, I'm glad they had so much older stuff, as I wouldn't touch most of post-1995 ATWT or GL with a ten foot pole, in terms of paying money.

• Members

Oh sh**, me too! I'm on a budget and was waiting until the end of the year to make purchases.

It's funny but I am on their mailing list and I didn't get one of these e-mails-- I usually get e-mails from them when a new DVD set is released. Was this only going to people who previously placed orders??huh.png

I still hope they can reconfigure something and do streaming-- PGP have had a lot of brand loyalty for decades, they ought not to shaft people.

If not, I hope some kind folks continue to upload to You Tube.

• Members

I didn't get an email notice. Damn. Boy, I sure hope hubby got all them before they started selling out of certain editions. I've seen them listed on eBay too (Reva collection, Phillip, Bauer family). Am I correct to assume they'd be coming from the same source?

• Members

I ordered some that were marked as no longer available on the SoapClassics site at amazon.com according to Amazon they shipped today. So perhaps they have a small amount of stock, and with Amazon if the seller doesn't send the items your credit card won't be charged.

Archived