Soap Classic distribution license ending with ATWT and GL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm whining in status as I got that email as well. There were supposed to be two additional GL releases (one was the Jennifer Richards discs), but now maybe we won't get the other one. That I find just sad especially if the work was done. It is also sad as they had the archive for a year, and so much wasn't released. :(

• Members

As one of our best customers, we want you to be among the first to know about some very important news.

Because our distribution license for As the World Turns and Guiding Light expires soon, these DVDs will no longer be available once our current stock runs out.

If you were planning to fill out your collection, or to give some of our DVDs for Christmas, please act quickly. Some of our collection is already gone, but many of our best titles are still available.

We are also offering, as a Christmas special, a beautiful boxed set of our best ATWT titles. This is the perfect Christmas gift for any ATWT fan (including yourself!), and will certainly become a rare collector's item. We have only a limited number of these.

We will be making a wider announcement of this news in a couple days, at which time it's possible the rest of our stock will run out, so please act now. And many thanks for being such a great customer!"

Click here to go to our SoapClassics website. Sincerely,

SoapClassics

• Members

And we haven't heard any plans of this stuff being released anywhere else. If P&G was done with soaps they may just leave the stuff somewhere, or get rid of it entirely.

I had really wanted to see those 70s and 80s episodes.

I'm just glad Roger Newcomb chose as many old episodes as he did.

• Members

I'm sorry CBS soap fans :( What a rough situation

This reminds me, has anyone compiled comprehensive lists of what VHS or DVD releases are available for all the soaps? I'd be curious to see it. Though B&B's list would clearly be too long to compile probably, fans of that show seem to be very blessed with releases.

• Members

Even though I wasn't a die hard ATWT/GL fan, I really appreciated the effort that went into this project and hoped to see it grow and grow. Is it at all possible that their licensing may be renewed, what's the full story? The least PGP could do is release episodes on iTunes or something like that. When they streamed in partnership with AOL that was like a soap fan's dream come true, I was awestruck that that even happened. They should look back into it with another company or just establish their own streaming site.

Archived