GH: SOAPnet Quartermaine Thanksgiving Marathon

• Members

Steve Burton back when he bothered to make the effort to attempt to act at the best of his ability. Say what you will about Cosby-sweater-wearing Jason, but at least he wasn't an all-around assh0le who had the whole town falling over themselves to kiss his feet.

Lucy Coe was the perfect blend of wackiness, bitchery, and heart and I find that that was perfectly captured in Claire Labine's writing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still wish that they were giving the 1996 episode, as they damn sure could've swapped out one of the dreadful 2000s episodes for it.

Hell, I wouldn't have minded if they just aired the 90s Q Thanksgivings, period.

I know that Lucy and Scott had a lot more heat, but I have a soft spot for the sweet Lucy/Kevin/Sigmund family.

• Members

The 1997 episode was during Guza's first month of episodes or so back at the show after his successful 1996 stint (which he contractually had to vacate when NBC picked up Sunset Beach).

At the time, Guza's return was akin to Christ rising from the dead in the soap press and on early internet soap communities.

• Members

Queen B! How I've missed her so!

Teen Liz (back when she had a personality and a spine).

Boy, was her sister boring as hell. As was Nikolas.

Back when the roided goiter was actually in shape.

Ugh @ fake AJ

As much as I can't stand Joseph C. Phillips, his Justus was the best one (though I don't blame him for leaving the show upon seeing the writing on the wall on the direction that his character was going in).

• Members

I'll never understand why Ned followed Lois with boring-ass Alexis. It truly pays to be a friend of bootleg Janet Wood because that's the only way that I can see how NLG's chicken-clucking ass lasted this long on this show.

I sure wish that Luke had followed through on his threat to ether the Slagbeast instead of allowing that whore to decimate the show. GH damn sure wouldn't have been in such terrible shape if Labine/Riche remained intact instead of Labine moving on and Riche getting fired.

The way that showkiller Guza, bootleg Janet Wood, and Frons gleefully dismantled everything that Labine/Riche worked so hard to build is precisely why the show was/is on life support (and yes, I say that in spite of Cartini's writing being an improvement from the last clusterfuck of a regime).

Teen Liz would've annihilated the pathetic mess that her character has existed as for almost a decade.

Archived