GH: SOAPnet Quartermaine Thanksgiving Marathon

106 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="https://twitter.com/CarolynHinsey"][b]Carolyn Hinsey[/b] ‏[s]@[/s][b]CarolynHinsey[/b] [/url]
SOAPnet airing [url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GH&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]GH[/b][/url] Quartermaine T-giving marathon from 7 pm-midnight on 11/22. Skye, Jason, Lucy - and Sigmund the Duck! [url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Pizza4DinnerAgain&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Pizza4DinnerAgain[/b][/url]

Posted (edited) · Report post

Strange,it was so long ago this network was supposed to go dark but it is still alive and kicking. A great marathon idea too. Edited by quartermainefan

Posted · Report post

IKR? maybe they're trying to milk what they can out of the viewers they have left lol

Posted · Report post

*[i]praying to God that I get my electricity back from that bitch Sandy by then so that I can set my DVR for yet another round of 90s GH greatness[/i]*

Posted · Report post

Lame all the Quartermaine pizza epis feel the same. Why does Soapnet only do GH marathons? Would it be so hard to do a Thanksgiving Marathon including Y&R, DAYS, AMC, and OLTL as well?

Well *I* love it

At least it's not some idiotic Sonny, Jason, JaSam or Brenda marathon Edited by dragonflies

Posted · Report post

This is going to tie into the theme of Edward's memorial.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dragonflies' timestamp='1352147989' post='1145393']
Well *I* love it
[/quote]

As do I (though I'm side-eyeing you for that Brenda comment).

Posted · Report post

Spend Thanksgiving night with SOAPnet and the funniest family in Port Charles. This five-hour “[url="http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/general-hospital-ratings"]General Hospital[/url]” marathon celebrates the Quartermaines and all of their wacky, wild and beloved Thanksgiving traditions. The marathon starts at [u]7PM ET/PT ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22[/u].

7PM - (original air date November 23, 1995) - Lucy is horrified to find her duck, Sigmund, [url="http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/missing-ratings/"]Missing[/url] on Thanksgiving. Lucy’s worry that he’s become someone’s dinner results in the Quartermaines eating pizza.

8PM - (original air date November 27, 1997) - On Thanksgiving, Jason saves the Quartermaines from being robbed by the pizza deliverymen.

9PM -(original air date November 22, 2001) - Drama over Skye and Rea at the Quatermaines’ Thanksgiving table turns into a food fight.

10PM - (original air date November 25, 2009) - The Quartermaines’ Thanksgiving becomes even wackier when Luke and the Spencers join them for the holiday.

11PM - (original air date November 23, 2011) - There’s tension in the air when Sam and Jason spend Thanksgiving with the Quartermaines.

Posted · Report post

No '96 Thanksgiving - WTF?!?!?!?! The hell are you going to have the majority of the marathon be around the lame ass 2000s?

SMDH because this'll obviously be a 2-hour marathon for me.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='VirginiaHamilton' timestamp='1352149025' post='1145401']
No '96 Thanksgiving - WTF?!?!?!?! The hell are you going to have the majority of the marathon be around the lame ass 2000s?
[/quote]

That's why I don't watch Soapnet.

I will watch the '95 one though.

Posted · Report post

I'll watch the first 3 that's all :P

Posted · Report post

Damn I wish I still had Soapnet

Posted · Report post

I'll watch the first 3 episodes for sure.

Sigmund the duck! YAY!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chicklitsandfantasies' timestamp='1352147723' post='1145390']
Lame all the Quartermaine pizza epis feel the same. Why does Soapnet only do GH marathons? Would it be so hard to do a Thanksgiving Marathon including Y&R, DAYS, AMC, and OLTL as well?
[/quote]

Isn't it sad to think someone over there has the power to re-air classic old episodes of all those shows during their heydays and yet they don't? Ugh... Though I lost SoapNet this past June so it doesn't affect me either way, although my parents still have it... :)

Posted · Report post

LOL...I didnt think there were Thanksgiving shows to show from the last 5 years. Most of the Qs started getting killed off by then

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarlD2' timestamp='1352149351' post='1145403']

That's why I don't watch Soapnet.

I will watch the '95 one though.
[/quote]

Frankly, I'm not sure why they insist on showing anything past 1999 for their old school clips - especially when they've showcased 80s/90s episodes that they've got in the vault. No one who is a fan of the real GH is checking for any episodes on that list past 8:59PM.

I'm kind of surprised they're not showing the 1994 episode, when Annabelle ate their dinner and forced them to get pizza [img]http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png[/img] . Edited by MissLlanviewPA

Posted · Report post

I remember Michael Logan calling the '01 Thanksgiving by far the worst soap episode of the past 5 years in the 2001 year-end issue

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dragonflies' timestamp='1352148665' post='1145399']
Spend Thanksgiving night with SOAPnet and the funniest family in Port Charles. This five-hour “[url="http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/general-hospital-ratings"]General Hospital[/url]” marathon celebrates the Quartermaines and all of their wacky, wild and beloved Thanksgiving traditions. The marathon starts at [u]7PM ET/PT ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22[/u].

7PM - (original air date November 23, 1995) - Lucy is horrified to find her duck, Sigmund, [url="http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/missing-ratings/"]Missing[/url] on Thanksgiving. Lucy’s worry that he’s become someone’s dinner results in the Quartermaines eating pizza.

8PM - (original air date November 27, 1997) - On Thanksgiving, Jason saves the Quartermaines from being robbed by the pizza deliverymen.

9PM -(original air date November 22, 2001) - Drama over Skye and Rea at the Quatermaines’ Thanksgiving table turns into a food fight.

10PM - (original air date November 25, 2009) - The Quartermaines’ Thanksgiving becomes even wackier when Luke and the Spencers join them for the holiday.

11PM - (original air date November 23, 2011) - There’s tension in the air when Sam and Jason spend Thanksgiving with the Quartermaines.
[/quote]

Are they going to re-air this late night? A lot of us will still be hanging with our families at 7pm.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BingCherry' timestamp='1352171004' post='1145541']
I remember Michael Logan calling the '01 Thanksgiving by far the worst soap episode of the past 5 years in the 2001 year-end issue
[/quote]
He wasnt privvy to what would come in the next 10 years.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cheap21' timestamp='1352173144' post='1145561']

He wasnt privvy to what would come in the next 10 years.
[/quote]

:lol: I swear you're my best friend sometimes LOL

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SoapBoy94' timestamp='1352173287' post='1145563']
[img]http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png[/img] I swear you're my best friend sometimes LOL
[/quote]
LOL...I bet he's thinking now "Wow, that 2001 episode wasnt so bad in hindsight" Defiently beats no Qs fighting and GH dusting off Mac and Alexis non romance with all their kids trying to pimp them togetehr

Posted · Report post

Remember last Thanksgiving when Jason FLIPPED.A.TABLE!?!?!

[!@#$%^&*], if that isn't one of the best episodes of GH ever, then I don't know what is.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SoapBoy94' timestamp='1352173715' post='1145567']
[b]Remember last Thanksgiving [/b]when Jason FLIPPED.A.TABLE!?!?!

[!@#$%^&*], if that isn't one of the best episodes of GH ever, then I don't know what is.
[/quote]
No.....lol