Soaps that share the same Sets

• Members

I was watching the OLTL episdoe when Judith Light was on the stand back in 1979 then I watched a clip of Greenlee exposing Kendall's fake pregnancy on AMC back in 2004(?). I noticed the sets look the same.

So, what sets did other soaps recycle?? I am not just talking about the ABC soaps but all of them in general.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On GH Lulu and Dante got married in the AMC Wildwind chapel

There are probably more AMC sets being used on GH but I don't really watch it.

On OLTL they used the AMC Martin house several times after AMC stopped using it. It was Langston's house when she was pretending her parents were still alive, as just one example.

Also the dumpy apartment above a garage where Babe and Jamie lived on AMC was re-used on OLTL for Starr and Cole

• Members

The courtroom set utilized on OLTL for Viki's trial in 1979 did not belong to the show. It was loaned to OLTL by The Edge of Night, where it had been a permanent set since 1973. Edge also loaned it to Ryan's Hope for Seneca's trial of mercy-killing Nell in 1977.

In the 60s, a few of the sets on The Young Marrieds were recycled for use on General Hospital after TYM was canceled.

• Members

Now that you've said this, saynotoursoap? It would have been so awesome if OLTL's writers had written into the storyline that D.A. Herb Callison had successfully petitioned the court for a change-of-venue to Monticello, claiming that Viki's reputation within the Llanview community would have made an impartial and unbiased jury virtually impossible.

Thanks for the information! :)

• Members

Kinda on the same topic, but when the Sandra Bullock movie, 28 Days, showed a fictitious soap opera called Santa Cruz, they used Days of Our Lives' hospital set. One of DAYS' recurring actors (a lawyer dude? A D.A.?) was even used as one of the soap actors. He was pretty much a piece of cardboard kind of actor, so you could count him as a re-used set too smile.png

Archived